Saturday, March 09, 2024

Today Is Saturday, March 9, 2024: This Is What Happened.

 




It's good to take a little break here and there. I'll take a three-day break in April. I'm still working on the back bedroom. I still ask myself, how did I get so much stuff?




I just finished reading A HOLE IN THE ICE. My review is "A good story, with a great ending." Here are a few random sentences. She pays me to keep quiet, and I carry her trunk up and help her tie the trunks up and tie them to ropes.

Our local library is offering an "Adult Reading Program." If you read 10 books out of 12, you will earn a nerd reading T-shirt.

Here is the list.

  1. Digital: An E-book or Audiobook

  2. May We Suggest A book with an MWS sticker.

  3. New Author: A book from an author you have never read.

  4. Young Author: A book from our YA section downstairs.

  5. A Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author.

  6. Read Before You Watch: A book turned into a movie.

  7. Judge a Book by its Cover: a book with a cover you like.

  8. Classic For a Reason

  9. Recommended by a Friend (or librarian)

  10. Your Favorite Genre: any book from your favorite genre.

  11. True Story: A book based on an actual event of a person.

  12. Free Choice: read whatever you want.

I'm unsure what they mean by the number 8, Classic For a Reason.




I saw three robins in our backyard the other day. I haven't walked or exercised in the last few days. I had my physical, and everything was good. I still need to have a mammogram and a mold removed from my back. Everything else looks good.




My son Sawyer had his appendicitis.



I'm still doing art. On the first and third Wednesdays of the month, I take my watercolor classes. On Saturday, I go to Art Insight. But I decided to show my alien art cards today



Coffee is on.

13 comments:

  1. Cute colourful aliens you made

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should get the reading nerd shirt! Glad that nasty appendix is all gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you son continues to recover well and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercolors are really coming along. I like your subjects. I hope your son recovers quickly. And I hope you have a great rest of the weekend. And thanks Dora for telling me the story about the Triangle Shirt Fire. It must have been very frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your son continues to recover well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure what "Classic for a reason" is either. Can you ask and tell us? Hope your son heals well and recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...I like the one eye jelly fish?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finished book 21 for the year last night. I am only a couple short of completing the nerd list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your son is healing well ~
    Creative and colorful 'alien' cards ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too hope your son is doing well. You are always so busy. Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Classic for a reason" is very subjective. "The Great Gatsby" is considered a classic, but I can't abide it. However, I know so many people who loved it. I would just go with "a classic" for #8. You won't know if it's "for a reason" until you've read it and decided for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your son feels better soon.
    Enjoying reading the books. Let’s us know if any are worth reading

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...