Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Today Is Tuesday, November 14, 2023: This Is What Happened.

 Usually, I don’t blog in the morning. I guess in my head, I want something to happen. Not necessarily bad. But something.


I got the paperwork done for energy assistant. Well almost. I need to review it and see if I need to include anything. Drop it off at the community action center as we’re heading into town. A lease energy assistant bureaucracy isn’t all that hard or even stressful.

Now, my Idaho Health Insurance is part of the Affordable Care Act. I would like to see everyone be under Medicare. Everyone should pay a certain percentage of their income to a one-pay system. I don’t try to get a free ride in life. But getting a break or saving is another story.

I am still waiting for someone to call me back to help me through the insurance. Suppose I don’t hear from them today. I will give the person a call back on Wednesday.


 I have managed not to pull out my hair while talking to my credit card company. Fingers crossed, I got it all straightened out.

I have paid off the remaining balance of $40.02. Some of my old number was hacked, and my new number got entangled.


I got some extra blank ATC (Artist Trading Cards) and will drop them off at a local art gallery. Bonners Ferry only has one art gallery. Well, a lease in downtown.


Hubby is still sore and hurting from being up a ladder. I feel sorry. I don’t like to see anyone hurting in physical or mental pain. But I didn’t expect to retire and become a caregiver. I did say, “through sickness and health for better or worse.” I know I didn’t say obey.

Right now, he is resting in bed. His main issue is arthritis.


Thursday, the 16th. I’m taking Regis down to Sandpoint. I’m asking for $10 in gas. I will break about even fuel with cost. As I have retired, I figure one tank a month for running around.

He will get his horror movies. I have reserved some DVDs on art. I will also get two other DVDs to watch. Not documentary, I enjoy watching documentaries!


Coffee is on

12 comments:

  1. ...one payer system makes sense, but it will never happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately true. Every civilized country except this one has some form of universal health care, but we’ll always be behind the rest of the world.

      Delete
  2. In California, the website for the Affordable Care Act is pretty straightforward. I don't know if your Idaho website is navigable as well. I would hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no. Idaho has there own version of affordable care act.

      Delete
    2. It should be one nationwide version to simplify the system for all.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful you have stayed in touch with Regis since you retired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good you keep in touch with Regis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting older isn’t for the feint hearted.
    I too suffer from arthritis and it isn’t nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the health insurance thing is resolved for you soon and I hope your hubby feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you do manage on one tank of gas per month, it gets expensive. I hope Regis agrees to pay his share for you taking him places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really feel for you not having public healthcare. I'd be in a wheelchair if I hadn't had a total hip replacement - there's no way I could have afforded to pay for one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a morning blogger. Even if I post something that I've pre-written and have put in the queue, I always read through one more time and probably make a few changes.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Friday, October 18, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Yesterday, Murphy and I went down to Post Falls to visit his sister Faith. She will be having back surgery sometime next week. I am not ...