Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Today Is Wednesday, September 6, 2023. This Is What Happened



We have made our painting goal today. Tomorrow, we will finish putting the first coat of primer. Depends on the weather and drying time. I'm guessing we will start on a second coat of primer on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.

I don't know when we will start on the green. But hopefully before the 15th.




Not long ago, I asked on my Facebook page this question...Suppose you were going to move to a new area or community. What five things would you need or want in your community/region?

Here is what I list.

  1. Population 60,000 or less.

  2. Elected officials are well-balanced, not leaning one way or another. It could be a purple state. In other words, a SWING STATE.

  3. Not high humidity.

  4. Community offers arts and culture.

  5. A place to walk, hike, and bike.

Actually, my community is lacking. This is number 2, and I'm trying to figure out how to get more left-leaning people to move here. Then, number 4, we're slowly getting more arts and culture here.




Did some embroidery. I've been working on a quilt block with The Wizard of Oz theme. So now Dorothy, Lion, Scarecrow, and Tin Man are done. Just start on the city of Oz in the background.

I thought of buying a small weighted blanket, a small one. I've tried a few, and a child with one or more, like a lap blanket, would be best. The one that goes above my belly buttons, I feel trapped.

Try them below my belly button. It made me feel quite comfortable.

So, I started a quilt some time ago. Which would be the perfect size for a weighted blanket. I won't have to spend any money.

I just like something loosely covering my feet.


I have art this evening.


Coffee is on, and stay safe.

8 comments:

  1. I like your list of what you would like in a community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing good on your painting project. I like those community questions too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to get the painting done before the winter weather sets in.
    In a new community I would need good public transport, decent supermarkets, a medical centre, a place to walk and be near to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Painting is such a big job. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing I liked about painting a house, is being able to see what you have done at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Painting is a hateful job in my book. You are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I painted this house a few years back by hand. I thought it would take a long time but it didn't and it was relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the painting, that'a a big job! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, September 18, 2024: This Is What Happened.

It was a regular day. I went through a box in the back bedroom. I ended up with a small sack of items to go to the thrift store, but I'm...