Monday, June 12, 2023

Today Is Monday, June 12, 2023: This Is What Happened.

 


Saturday, I went and saw the only two Aunts I got left, and a few of my cousins were there. Both of my Aunts I have left are in their 90s, and I have one Uncle who went.

Sunday, we went down to visit Murphy's sister Faith. I believe two of her grandson graduated from high school. And a granddaughter graduates from college with her bachelor. I can't come up with what exactly her degree is.

Plus, three of their cousin were there and an Aunt of theirs.


Confession time...I watch too much news. I need to either watch the morning news or the evening news. Not both. The evening news would be better. It is hotter when I read the evening news, and I'm worn out from work. And I feel like doing little.


I have been trying to find out if there are any reading programs or challenges online. In the summer months, I've taken three of them. Right now, I'm taking reading to raise money for the epilepsy foundation. Then, I will read to raise funds for the American Cancer Society in July. And in September, there was the Trevor project for LGBQT which in September. 

I like to find other fundraisers that use reading. I'm sure they're out there. 


Coffee is on, and stay safe. 

9 comments:

  1. Exciting news out of Miami today, I think he is a flight risk and should be held.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can be a “news junkie” at times, watch MSNBC all afternoon.

    You know I’ll be watching today. I love a good arraignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read in bed at night and skip the news altogether most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in reality the tv antenna isn't picking up much lately, just one channel currently. But I never know day to day, changes with weather and wind. But because reception is so bad lately I rarely even try.

      Delete
  4. I love having a break from news when we travel in Central America. No doom and gloom for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great you have members of the previous generation to visit. The last of mine died about ten years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was a blogger who wrote a bunch of blog posts about different summer reading challenges. Let me find her... Here's the link: https://jannghi.blogspot.com/
    She listed what she's reading for these challenges, but you should be able to find the actual challenges from her posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The news isn't, it's mostly politics, blah, blah, blah, over and over. We don't watch it much any more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see family

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Sunday, April 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  It's a cloudy day. It will likely rain. Later, I'm going to try an automatic drawing challenge for seven days. I got the idea fro...