Friday, June 09, 2023

Today Is Friday, June 9, 2023: This Is What Happened.



The first thing I looked up was what credit in social security means. Is it a time unit, monetary unit, or both? It is more or less a monetary unit. In my working life, my wages have been on a lower-end scale. Last year (2022), I paid about $1400 in social security tax. So I never earned full credit last year. If you are curious about how are social security, CLICK HERE.





Last Wednesday evening, a few of us artists. I can call myself an artist. But I like the word creative soul. We all did a fish picture. Here is mine. I was the only one who put the bottom of the boat and fish line with a hook in the water.





We have a wonderful art studio in our community, TEASCARLETT, now. She has done two collaboratives I know. And I add my thing to it. On this one, I add the spaceship with the ribbon, “Welcome, be happy.” I would like to see a JUDY CHICAGO art collaborative. But I don’t see her coming to Spokane even.


Murphy and I went to town. Had lunch there. Let’s see, we had turkey rap, mac and cheese. I didn’t take a complete service. Plus, some fresh veggies. And Rhubarb pie.

I went through my books and took them to the senior center. At first, I would drop them off at a local thrift store. But I change my mind.

As I was going through my books. I asked myself, “Can I get this book at a library” and most of the time, the answer was. “Yes.”

We paid vehicle insurance. I got some meat, 3 packages of it. The bill came to $21 and some odd cents.





As we were walking out of the store. I saw the head photo on THE INLANDER. Last year during the Pride event in Coeur d Alene, there was a reputation during the 2022 PRIDE EVENT. Those involved with rucksacks never showed up to court. Far as I know. This year, the pride event was quiet. Over the weekend, I will read the inlander.





I have participated in a reading challenge to raise money for the EPILESPSY foundation. I’m unsure if they have a regular web page for the reading challenge. But I have a personal FACEBOOK PAGE. I found another reading fundraiser, READ EVERYDAY IN JULY. It also connects with Facebook, and funds raised will go to the American Cancer Society. In the past, I took part in THE TREVOR READING CHALLENGE. Looks like it is in August.

I searched for a fundraiser that I could be involved in by reading. I’m sure there are ones other than

 June, July, and August.




Coffee is on, and stay safe.

15 comments:

  1. ...continue to be a creative soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you are a creative soul, and an active one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    I too like your painting, Dora. I also very much like the collaborative piece. And yes, definitely a creative soul! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your painting. It's good that you join in so many events in your community, great idea. Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great painting,

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a wonderful thing to be involved in challenges, especially fundraisers. It's too bad the Social Security system can be so complicated - it can be hard to understand. I suspect enough people don't get all the benefits, or the maximum benefit, they are entitled to. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the words creative soul ...
    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your art is cool and it sounds like you two had a good meal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the art. So very imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely art. Happy Sunday.
    Remember to link to
    Sunday Smiles

    Much💚love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Artist or creative soul. Both work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't understand a lot about SS but I get twice as much as you say you will get and I didn't work that great of jobs either in my life, except for the fish cannery, which paid well if you worked overtime and holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, March 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I have been putting together my bullet journal for the second quarter. I’m so thankful for the white-out. I almost made a calendar for the ...