Thursday, October 07, 2021

Today Is Thursday October 10 2021, This What Happen

 Guess I will put up with the Halloween theme for blogger. I have to say I'm not thrilled how type set and photos are being laid out. Maybe in due time I will figure it all out. November 1st I will go back to something else. 

Work was pretty routine. Nothing out of line. 

Had hope to get photo of my Samhain Altar. This year I'm celebrating my and husband paternal great grandfather. Gave them each a candle and wrote a message on each one.

My great grandfather Duane would of been Aries so I gave him red candle. On his candle I wrote..."Scientist to be motivated to find a cure for sickness, disease and or conditions. Than my other great grandfather Edwin and sometime he list as Irving. So I'm not sure which is his given or middle name. He is Scorpio and I gave him yellow candle. And wrote..."Have wisdom to be kind to Mother Earth and Father Sky.

Hubby great grandfather Adam and George. Adam would be a Capricorn, he got blue candle which I wrote "As we gather safely with other, may we have good communication" Than Murphy other great grandfather George I wrote on a green candle..."Those who are Afraid my they find peace"

One could call these prayer, spell, or smoke signals. I will light them closer to Samhain. 

Someone ask me, I believe what is Samhain. It is like celebration of "Day Of Dead" but it Irish version. Here short ARTICLE  

Murphy off to the doctor tomorrow to have doctor look the boil that was remove. He been on antibiotic called, CLINDAMYCIN  And they ran out time take a look at his swollen arm pit lymph nodes. I'm off to work, glad it Friday. Our local quilt show is going on. The show start tomorrow I believe around 4 and goes to 7 in evening. But it all day Saturday. I'm debating with my self to go down on Saturday. I been vaccinated and I can put on a N95 mask. Haven't been to any event for all most two years, because low vaccinated rate. Statement time...I'm not afraid of covid, but I have respect for it. Quenella and I had lunch at MI PUEBLO and I was going to ask her if she want to see Quilts this Saturday. There no way I would go into a building without a mask. 

Coffee is on and stay safe

13 comments:

  1. Hope you can get a picture of your Samhain altar - there is one out in the woods by a huge oak tree that is split in two where people leave their offerings, there are a few pagans round here but I never see anyone else when I go to look there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing a picture of your Samhain altar, you have some great ideas. Have fun at the quilt show if you go there, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:39 AM

    Murphy's swollen lymph nodes need to be looked at carefully. I had a boil on my leg when I was young. I still have the scar. I thought it was a young person's problem. Are boils caused by malnutrition?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...continue to be safe and enjoy your days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’d like to see your altar

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be lovely to take in the quilt show for sure. Could you keep a distance from others I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Blessed Samhain to you Dora; I love your candle prayers! And yes - masks should definitely still be in place in enclosed spaces. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting messages on your Samhain candles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's right that Halloween or Samhain was "imported to the USA by the Irish immigrants, just as the Christmas tree from Germany. Halloween has not very much of success in Belgium but it starts a bit !

    ReplyDelete
  10. We do hope Murphy gets checked out soon. I hope you get out n' about to have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would call the candles prayer messages. I think you should put on your mask and see the quilt show. It will be nice to get out and see something different.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a lovely set up.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...