Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Today Is Wednesday July 14 2021, This Is What Happen

 

I will be using NUMBER 10...Write about a major event in your life that made you feel grown up....I real don't think I have one event that made me feel grown up. But I have basically been a responsible person, I grew up in functional alcoholic family. My dad was the alcoholic. He went to work, did work for the rail road for 50 years. He was quite moody and wonder if he had something a form of depression, he was quite moody. As long as I known my day he wasn't so depressed, that he couldn't function. But doing family history my  dad was abandonment  3 times I know of. My Granddad Clarence disappeared and  left his wife and son. I know he went down in southern states, and also did power line in west. I guess he was married to Anna for short time and she was killed in train wreak. I'm guessing shortly afterward he came out West and married a lady name Louise, on Washington coast. They was married for some years, and I read there divorce papers. She mention his moodiness. That he married my mom and they had me. She had strength. Plus my mom had a terrible fear of lack of money. Well back to me being grown up. One time I was young and dumb and I got a few tickets and had to face a judge. My dad had passed away. I called up my mom and ask if I could have some money. And I was stupid or honest enough to say what I want the money for. Her answer was simple "Who got the tickets" and hung up. I went to court and had to face a judge, by my self. Like any adult would of. I have to say I felt so a lone. It seem that other people had other people in their corner. I never had any dealing with the court since that.

Regis neighbor gave me some pistachios. His neighbors are Mormons and I'm guessing the church or a member gave them a bag. Found out their church is doing some type of quilts to send out. So this evening after work I work on cut sample and organizing my pinks. I'll donate some pink cotton fabrics. 

Regis neighbor he worked with Murphy at Clifty Nursery. He retire and she has some type of learning disability. So this was some time and I believe she never worked and if she did. Nothing real went to her social security account. She gets SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY  INCOME because of his income from his regular social security she only get something like $90 a month. So between the 2 of them they get monthly income of $1,191. So his social security must be around $1,100 a month. I knew she said she got about $90 a month and this was some time ago. If she was single she would get $794 a month. Once or if he passes I would she would get his benefits. 

Coffee is on and stay safe

11 comments:

  1. On the day you had to go to the court, I am sure, though you felt lonely, you would have felt grown up and responsible. A lesson, probably, your mom wanted you to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I gave up on growing up years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very grown up memories for a young person

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would have been good to have support while you were in court even though you would have paid the fine yourself. You must have felt so alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your court memory…I’ll tell you a “secret”…first time I got a speeding ticket I was an adult, with teenage daughters, and years of experience as a lawyer — and I was nervous walking into that courtroom. I can’t imagine handling something like that on my own if I were in my teens or early 20’s. I can imagine how lonely you must have felt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some memories! Thankfully I've not been to court!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, that's a terrible memory. Interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's some memory. My family had a bunch of alcoholics when I was growing up too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had alcoholic grandfather in our family and his whole family is dis functional because of it.
    It trickled down and we his grandchildren suffered as well
    I was conscious of not repeating the cycle and I have broken the family disfunction. I’m glad your helping with the fabric

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Growing Up is overrated. I'm rather enjoying my 2nd Childhood now in Old Age.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of alcoholism amongst my family members too. I think part of it is environment, at least on their side.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...