Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Today Is Wednesday April 14 2020, This Is What Happen

 I would guess we all get tired of hearing about my job. I think on Wednesday I am going to try do the JOURNAL PROMPT GENERATOR and go from there. I didn't want to get to wild, so I am doing a first grade journal prompt, Make up a game and rules to it...

This is hard. I recall making games up when I was younger. Cowboy and Indains, Then we played war and use our fingers as guns. And even once we did JOAN OF ARC plus we even plan to burn our Joan at stakes. In high school I did both debate and drama, sound strange being in both debate and drama. I never had a lead roll in play. But I thought of writing a play and even being involved in local theatrer products. I don't even mind being a stage hands. I thought it would be fun to be part of reenactment. I did applied for P.B.S Reality history and the one I applied for was COLONIAL HOUSE not even sure if these show still being made. Just to get way from reality. I guess my game would be a place were we as adult can be involved in make believe. Rules would be play, be nice, and no one get hurt. Like holodeck on star trek. Question time...what was one of your favor game to play when you were young...

Not looking forward taking Regis to his doctor appointment tomorow had interesting conversation with his thearpist on finding from last few weeks he been in medical centers. There no physical evidence that he has any physical reason to be in that much pain. Usaul when he thinks someone is watching him he puts on act like he having major pain. Then when he belives no one is watching it complete different story. So his pain is more mental and emotional. Sound like his current doctor isn't going to do his morphine any more. She guess he will bring out the tuff guy and then have major melt down. Then be send to behavioral health ward. Maybe it will go better then excepted.

Coffee is on and stay safe

12 comments:

  1. We never made up games with rules when we were young. We played cowboys and indians sometimes and I was always the indian and got shot, which was fine with me because then I was "dead" and could lay around reading my books while the other kids pretended to ride horses and stuff. We played hide and seek on late summer evenings, out in the yard where there was plenty of hiding places.
    I think it might be good for Regis to have to spend some time in behavioural health ward and learn to deal properly with real or imagined pain and learn to live with less morphine if that is what is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:27 AM

    Cowboys and Indians for me. Strange how we had such an American influence going back so far, from tv I suppose. We should have been playing White Settlers and Aborigines.
    It's interesting that you can predict how Regis will behave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your childhood games are familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved skipping games. I never see kids skipping these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best with Regis. It is not easy.

    I loved playing tag and hopscotch as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There were lots of crabapple trees in our neighborhood. The older kids would sharpen sticks, put a crabapple on the end of the stick, and lob the apple at another kid. One of these apples landed on the middle of my back when I was 7. Just stung a little. Another kid lobbed an apple that skidded across Grandmother's sunporch floor. It made a mess. She was not amused.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We played hide and seek at night all through the neighborhood, and that was before there were any street lights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My brother and I played cowboys and indians and army, and marines. Never did Joan of Arc. We were very politically incorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We played a lot of hide and go seek. Also handball (bouncing a ball off a wall) and a playground game called nok hockey (which I blogged about a month or two ago). Also, hopscotch and a variation called potsy, using a grid drawn on the sidewalk in chalk. Never heard of games played inspired by Joan of Arc. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another theater geek here. I loved being in school plays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember Colonial House. That might have been fun. (Not for me. For you.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colonial House, Cowboys and Indians are foreign to me. We had our own simple games with balls, sticks and stones. I hope Regis gets better. It is a difficult situation to deal with so my prayers for your strength and patience.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, April 24, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I give this door up to two years. Murphy and I so, called, put a band-aid on it. It is an off-size door between a linen and an interior d...