Sunday, December 13, 2020

Today Is Sunday December 12 2020, This Is What Happen



 Can't say it was grand slam of day, but the batter who is me, made it around the bases and landed on third. Not bad. Maybe the shortstop could of got the runner out. But didn't. Finished up this batch of yellows for the 2 inch quilt block. Sure there more yellows to do. But on to the reds. 

Got the paper work done for my Affordable health care. It not bad program once you get the paper work lined up. A few pieces are missing. But what I don't like they now want proof about 2021. Don't they know what year we're still in. 

Wrap the brown wrap around the package heading to Oregon. It will go out in Monday mail. Then there few local gifts to be finish wrapping. Haven't start on cards. 

Decided to pull a tarot card. The one I got was the "Ace of Cups" I been sort of going though the "Tarot for Dummies" and there a list of question for each card. Well I used a random number site. The number that came was 1. "What dream has the potential of getting fulfilled?....Most of my dreams have a chance of getting off the ground. Getting my granddaughter quilts complete, very much so. If I keep plugging away at it, things and dreams will happen. As you notice I finished up pile of yellow fabric. It been a while since I mention my creative studio. Like to open after I retire. Let be honest about a few things. It going to have to be in basement. So those who aren't able to deal with stair. Don't have income to put elevator and I wouldn't make enough back to pay for it. No one in right mind would take loan out on home in there 60's. Counting my self the space would only be room for up to 8 people. Earliest I could retire is in February of 2023. And there tons of stuff down there which I went though and could go though again. Don't think it would qualify for "Hoarders" But one main reason is were I stand political could be a factor. Trump is very popular here and they don't take kindly who don't have the same mind set. But I still figure out what I might charge for use of my creative space. Today price if it was open it would be $5.00 for a morning, afternoon, or late afternoon .But the studio would be in four hour time blocks periods. They could rent supplies from me. I don't want to handle paint inventory. It great write off for taxes.  Then  it doesn't flip over fast enough and you end up tossing paints, ceramic paints go long ways. Then other thing I would like to get is wheel and raw clay. Sell that by the ounce or pounds and rent the wheel. Then there those who as small group might want to rent out creative studio. A flat fee of $15.00 to get into the door as a group. Then $2.50 an hour per person. See it nothing I could make living it could possible pay for my hobby crafts and have a little jingle in my pocket, and go purchase a cup of coffee. I defiantly don't want to go at full bore. I only want it open 12 hours a week. Let see I don't have all the things I need to open. But I did have a shop with molds, work space, and pour table. Now what I missing and not sure if I want to invest or maybe how much I want to invest. But I would need dry bags of slip, closes place I know for that is Seattle area, shipping cost, rubber bands for molds. work table, chairs, exhaust fan to take out fumes  and lumber to set up the shop. Plain and simple I don't want my pour table in my home what so every. So then there the element of cold. Couldn't cast in winter. Quite the truth ceramics molds are heavy and filthy. Been rotating my morning before work on tread mill and exercise. I am not as study with my hands as I once was. But I believe those who are interested in creating something should have the chance and not be priced out. Creative studio, doesn't mean it has to be totally for ceramics. Confession time I am still being tossed about having creative studio. One needs to live in reality.




Both Ziggy and Abner took a nap under the Christmas tree.

Coffee is on and stay Safe


11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you stay busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I hope that you never give up on your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have been busy and it's nice to see your sweet kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any time you need a break from the Trumpers, come on by my place...party time is 1/20/21

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to have a dream like that basement studio. You wouldn't make a living at it, but I bet you would enjoy it and enjoy the people too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreams is what we need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if your dream of having a basement studio is practical, but it would be great if you could find some way to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep dreaming. With the dreaming, you work out the ins and outs. And then you can make the dream a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not at all a creative person, so for me having a studio sounds like too much work, but if you get it all planned and up to the point of being able to use it, then you could make and sell a few things, have an extra dollar or two in your pockets. It is a lot to work out though and you still have so many other things to take up your time, with the quilting etc, you might want to look at how much time you can spare, remembering that you might want to slow down a bit when you retire and just have time to relax and do nothing now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww, Ziggy and Abner look so content under the Christmas Tree, like furry little presents! My Art Studio Space is in disarray since we moved in last February and honestly I have not gotten much done in there at all to get it up and running. I imagined that I would, perhaps sometime in 2021 I shall actually accomplish that?

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...