Saturday, August 29, 2020

Today Is Saturday August 29 2020, This Is What Happen

 Been watching our two main political party convention, pretty crazy. Question time...Is other country politics as crazy as Americans? Well I have  family members on both side of political scale. So I been told it not good to have idle mind and or hands, work of devil. So I kept busy and also believe it saved our television for me not to toss a shoe though screen.


  Like I said I kept busy. Started a crochet rag rug, using old sheets. I ran out blue and would like to come or close to matching one of other color in the blue. Have a tote full old sheet. What I did find was an old brown sheet. But only dug through the tote briefly. 

No photos but did a quick and rough sketch of my next tarot card I am drawing. One thing I find is difficult to get depth of a hall or aisle.


Then organize more fabric. Not short on fabric. I got some wet and let try for about half hour outside. Usual there is a breeze. So during convention I pressed or a better term was to iron out wrinkles.


These been working real good to wrap smaller piece of fabrics on. Not exactly sure what there called. But I seen them in different store and usually they run from one to two dollar a sheet. I got a stack of them at a thrift store. My only complaint is that I have to cut them to size I need. Which is hard on hands, Murphy told me that the same type material they use in farm nursery that handle plants and such. They make shipping containers with them. 

Same old thing going on. I get up and go to work, although the clients I have is pretty easy to take of it. But I am looking forward to retirement. Covid numbers are low in our area, last I looked under 45. It seems like depending on day of week you go shopping on what percentage population has mask on. Last Thursday it seem hardly anyone had maks on. Then on Friday it seemed like most of population had mask on. 

Coffee is on. 

14 comments:

  1. That rug is really nice! Here, we just had the highest number of Covid cases in a good while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    I too like your rug... giving me ideas! As for politics elsewhere; well it's hard to beat what you are having to deal with, but honestly, our Westminster gang aren't a whole lot better... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby has been watching the conventions then CNN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You pretty much know what I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great way to use up old sheets
    Make sure you post a pic once it’s finished
    We are in very strict lockdown here.
    As for politics I find so many people are so passionate about defending those they like the forget that ALL politicians lie and do what is best for them and their friends

    So while we are all arguing about who of them are the best. They bring in laws to feather their own nests

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such colourful fabrics and a job well done with the rug, it looks really thick. Been watching the convention speeches just to understand how politics in other countries work but I didn t get very far! Our recovery movement control has just been extended till Dec 31 😱

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your rug. I couldn't stomach the conventions. This week I didn't really want to support the fascists. (Last week I wasn't terribly interested. I'm voting for them. I don't really need more information.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rug is looking good. You have some nice fabrics hanging out there, I like the apple one, that would be lovely as an apron.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rug is nice, my advice is to not watch the conventions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes. All politicians mix here and call it "Jamaica". That way they get their money.
    I am so fed up. But I will go voting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the European countries have more parties then two, but no nobody makes such a show out of elections ! I think, Belgium has at least 11 parties together Flemish and Wallons (Futch speaking and French speaking part of the country. And the other countries have at least more then 5 !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Russia has some pretty interesting politics as well . . . Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belarus is also contending for world' craziest politics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are interesting political events in India. A lot of it doesn't make it to our news but I have FB friends in India and I occasionally see their posts. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Tuesday, April 30, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Last day of the month. Since it was the last day. I try to get the photo looking west from my driveway. It has been cloudy most of the da...