Monday, March 02, 2020

Today Is Monday March 2 2020, This Is What Happen.


Never know where or what to start a blog post. Mange to get a short walk in morning and when I parked in parking lot. I park on far side.

Keep my calorie count in checked.
But my saturate fat is at 20 grams. Not sure what that means. If it wasn't for techie stuff, to figure out this metric.
But I could learn it. If I so put my mind to it. 0.7055 is the ounce for fat. Or what I understand is 1.5 Tablespoon. Actual little over.

Work day. A little time with Liz. Ended up taking Regis to our hospital. His stint in his pancreas was giving him issues. So there keeping him over night for observation.

Well there been discussion on facebook about thrift stores.
Here is what was posted...What your opinion or feelings about a non profit thrift store, gets DONATED items from there local community. Then price them out of local market. Or take them to a antique market. And or place them on E Bay for the highest bidder. Not letting the local patron to have a reasonable chance to purchase the items at fair price.
A little BACK GROUND on them.

But E Bay and such has change the direction of thrift store. In past when something was donated the thrift store would price according to the community which they served. Sure at first it was price in the higher range, but still a bargain. Then if it didn't sell, the price would start to come down.
Complete understand the reason behind moving inventory.
But now certain items that comes though the thrift store. Never hits the store floor.
It goes on to E bay auction or off to possible place like a vintage or antique store.
Opinion time...I have no trouble with a business making a profit. Which should cover the over head and pay the employees a fair and decent wage.
Now for consumer point a view...To me there three reason why some one shops at thrift store...lack of funds that they may not be able to purchase from a regular store. Being thrifty. And or finding that special item not being offered any place else.
Ok now this is how it should be done. First if doesn't move in first 30 days. Then after that for next 30 days start lowering the price.
After 60 days go head and post on E bay what every.
I seen Wal Mart, Target and such cheaper then some thrift stores.

Getting my hair trim a little. Cutting the damage ends, thinking about inch off and reshaping my hair.

Coffee is on


13 comments:

  1. Interesting about items going off to Ebay before they get to the thrift store. That doesn't sound right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:41 PM

    If like here, most thrift stores are run by religious charities and they have become big business and sell donated goods for quite high prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There thrift store here that chain and religious based. Yes it big business.

      Delete
  3. hari OM
    yes, as Andrew says, the thrift stores in the UK are quite big business! The reasons for shopping there are much as you have stated though. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going and donating to thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EBay has changed what shows up at a thrift store, that’s for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. We donate quite a bit to thrift stores, eBay has too many scammers these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree Dora, a thirty day period would at least give regulars a chance to pop in and have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard that about thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a fan of thrift stores and am one of the probably very rare people who's never used Ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Starting stuff is the hardest. I guess the question is who is making the profit off the donated stuff. Ebay would be a great place for a charity to make more profit off of donated stuff, but I fear that it's more likely individuals are taking the best stuff for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting. I know a couple who have a private thrift store in Kansas City. People donate them stuff and then they sell it and keep the money for themselves. What is up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my hair. I lost so much (wrong meds) and haven´t been to a cut for two years :-(

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Sunday, April 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  It's a cloudy day. It will likely rain. Later, I'm going to try an automatic drawing challenge for seven days. I got the idea fro...