Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Today Is Wednesday December 3, This Is What Happen

Weigh in and wore heavier clothes. Up a quarter pound. Discuss social media tools. My self and one other use a food tracker.
I think most people in my weight group don't want to open up about certain issues. I think I am one of the youngest one there. I will be 60 this February.
Our weight lost group was running a contest which sound simple enough. Make two teams and the only tool you need a was tape measure.
Any weight lost then you cut off of tape measure.
Quarter pound = Quarter inch off
Half pound = Half inch off
Three Fourth of pound = Three fourth of inch
One pound = One inch.
I hope you get the ideal of contest we are doing at my weight lost group.
If I recall one team cut of two and half inches of there tape measure, so it means a two and half pound weight lost.
The other team lost three fourth of pound, three fourth of inch got cut off.
Can't recall how many weigh in but as group we gain half pound this week.

Today is GIVING TUESDAY and I couldn't find any local charities to give to. My amount was $20. So I broke it up into four fives.
And left one five at one of the mental health clinic, in mag zine rack. The second one I left on grocery store behind some candy bar. The third one I lightly hide behind some items in a thrift store. And last place was a laundry mat and which stuck on a bulletin board.
So hopeful someone can use a five.
I found it was sad that our local community didn't take part.

Yesterday POST I wasn't necessary asking what book I might like. The reason I am asking about books to read. I want to expand my self. Fiction or Non Fiction. Question time...What is a book you enjoyed? 
Only thing is that I would like the book to be under 300 pages.

Day three of blogmas.

Coffee is on

16 comments:

  1. Love your Giving Tuesday ideas. I am sure you made several people happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy any of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elephant Child, I’m reading the first book in the Discworld series right now. It’s interesting.

    Dora, I really love Dickens. But he can be a bit ....wordy. What do you expect, he got paid by the word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite book of all time is The Great Train Robbery by Michael Crichton. I also love the Jane Austen books. Those are my go-to books if I need something which won't wake me up if I am reading at bedtime. I know them so well I can almost read them without the book.

    I use a tablet to read my books on, it is easier for me these days. Plus it means I can read in the dark, no need to have a light on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:44 PM

    I like the idea of cutting the tape measure. Adds a bit of fun and interest. It is hard to believe that there isn't a local charity you could donate $20 to. It is a nice thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes one happy to make others happy, I just donated several books.
    Speaking of, "The Story of My Life by Helen Keller" is 225 pages.
    A book that really shows what a person with a very strong mind can do (deaf and blind, yet driving a bycicle, learning to speak and much more).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Dora, that little 'littering' of fivers was an excellent and noble idea - I just hope those finding them understood the extent of their fortune! I too think the tape measure idea is fun - and motivating.

    Oh, so many books... two 'little' ones, with VERY big hearts that you might like are The Little Prince by Antoine de st Xupery; and Johnathon Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. Both can be taken at many levels, as they are of philosophical storytelling, allowing for entry at whatever stage one is in life. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had a quick look through my bookshelves and most of my books are well over 300 pages. I'll suggest the Terry Pratchett series about 'Tiffany Aching' the first book is called "The Wee Free Men" then there are four more in the series. If you are looking for a little comedy in your reading, try the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.
    In a thrift shop today I overheard a woman who said she never reads fiction, only 'meaningful' books like memoirs and biographies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also like the "Forgotten Florida Coast" series by Dawn Lee McKenna, but only have them on my kindle so I don't know how many pages there are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can imagine how nice it will be for four people coming across each of the five dollars unexpectedly. Wonder what they will do with it ✨

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like non fiction

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's super cool leaving the fives out and about. They will be a fun find for someones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are online venues to donate to, too. There's one which gives micro loans to women starting businesses in other parts of the world. Kiva I think it's called. Something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful of you to leave a bit here and bit there - money that is. We have charity boxes in some places I go, so leave a bit here and there once in awhile.
    I personally love the Outlander Series.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is an interesting way to measure the losses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you did with your Giving Tuesday. I think I might do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...