Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Dozen Vs Baker Dozen



Hubby pulled every thing off top of the hall way closet. We didn't want stuff it falling on the plumber. So it was convenience for me to go though.
Well not going to list the items but I am taking a dozen items to local thrift store. So I had 37 items and now the account is now 25.

Been sewing on binding around my quilt and this is done by hand. I am trying to figure a way to do it by machine. I am doing a lap quilt and would hate to figure the time it would take to do a large quilt.

I also finding threading a needle is becoming more difficult with age. So I am considering purchasing a needle threader and the top one I seen older ladies using. But they now have some pretty fancy ones on market.

Hand binding is sure time consuming. I sure would hate to see how long it would take to finish off binding on king size quilt.
I'm getting my self a BINDING FOOT for my quilt. Although one thing I want to make sure it can handle batting and all.

Weight in at T.O.P.S I lost the most for a week. Down one pound, also won fruit and veggie pack. Calorie count has been good. But so so so on the walking and water take.

Now about the BAKERS DOZEN

Coffee is on

9 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. A cookie might be OK to give away extra. My Brother is a goldsmith and optometrist, though, I hope no one ever wants a dozen of either from him.
    Always two sides to a story... Plus... if you ask nicely is one thing. But to expect? And not even accept an explanation...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on losing the most this week. I have never sewn a quilt since I made a tiny one for my daughter's cradle, from pieces left over from maternity dresses. It wasn't very good, but she still has it. The Baker's Dozen story was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:09 AM

    Ah yes, I know about the Baker's Dozen. A packet of needles here comes with a needle threader. But then your eyes become so bad that even that is not much help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay to the pound!!! Binding doesn’t bother me because it’s sooo. Lose to the end of the project...I can see the finish line!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your weight loss. You are doing great. I must get one of those needle threaders. Can't see a thing anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a needle threader just like that one...until I broke it. Sigh. It was soooo useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your Baker's Dozen story! I used to help my grandma thread her needles when I was a young girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't say I've seen needle threaders … I can remember that in older age my dear mum used to use a magnifying glass to help her thread needles.

    Well done on losing a pound :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the weight loss!
    One pound is a great step in the right direction.
    Loved the "Baker's Dozen" story.
    I wonder if the old lady is still getting that extra cookie 🍪

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Monday, May 6, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I went to see my therapist, and the main thing we talked about was disappointment. And we sort of chit-chat about this and that.   One t...