Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Up The Ante

As many of you know I love fabric and thrift store. But there this side of story I have way to much and need to declutter. The main reason I need to declutter is...Statement time I get frustrated that I can't what I am looking for. You know you more then one something and you can't find it.
So I thought every time I bought and item out of thrift store I would take back two of them. Or double the amount I bought.

So over last weekend I got quite a few items from yard sale and thrift stores. And I said I need to get rid of 76 items well I am upping the ante to 80.
And today I got rid of 
1. Mug
2. A skein of polyester fabric, pink in color
3. A skein of polyester fabric, aqua in color. 
So that brings me down to 76.
I can see a few items in closet that could go to one of local thrift stores.

My friend Qunella and I went to Sandpoint. We hid the two thrift stores she got some cards, blank ones she finely got her first computer, lap top.
And sends cards and such though snail mail.
I was doing that for a while and massively fell off wagon and never got out ditch. Then she also got some collectors plates and some shirts.
Now are you wondering what I got.
Confession time...I got two bags of fabric at the good will. And one small piece at the other thrift store. 
Plus a small plastic container for ninety nine cent.
Then we went over to Walmart I am not sure what all Qunella got. But she picked up some school supplies for her neighborhood boy, who will be going into second grade.
I got some Meta Mucil for my hubby, he swears be the stuff. Then I got some pads as I age I have leakage trouble.
And then my containers three of them are like shoe box size, and what call sweater size I can fit under the bed or on the shelf in basement by the wrapping paper. 
Then we went to the PANHANDLER PIE
I had fish and chips, which came with choice of soup and salad. I took soup which was vegetable beef. They serve the soup with corn bread, large piece and took that home. Will have that for breakfast.
Then I had piece of apple crumbed pie.
My friend my soup and cornbread like I did. But she had chicken fettuccine and chocolate pie.

Usual I only had naughty desserts on Tuesday and Wednesday. I missed my weigh in this week with my T.O.P.S group which doesn't give me permission to slide off carouse.

I been slowly putting epoxy to hold my paint holder. The type of epoxy I am using is J B WELD

Then I am strongly thinking about sending some fabric down to my daughter in law she makes BANDANAS

Coffee is on




10 comments:

  1. You gave away fabric then you bought fabric, gave away a mug then bought a small container, so there's not much headway in the decluttering. I have the same trouble. I empty out drawers and shelves, but then I buy more stuff to go in them. I said to someone just yesterday, I need an extra room and he said what for? so you can fill it with more stuff? He's right and I should just get rid of stuff without buying more. So now I've stopped going to thrift shops, for a while at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decluttering, I´m having a hard time with that, too, especially books...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    As I am helping a friend declutter and prepare for a move of home, I applaud your approach!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to de clutter, too, but can’t seem to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:45 AM

    You must rid yourself of things and not buy more. No more fabric that you will never use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea on the thrift store purchases

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can a person pass up fabric though...you can’t!! That said, I did have to purge fabric when I moved!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the deleted comment but it posted before it was finished.

    Everytime I try to declutter some things...I end up keeping them "just in case" and buying something new :) After all, I am an eclectic collector.

    Have a great day 💮

    ReplyDelete
  10. But the stash must be fed! (As a yarn hoarder and sometime knitter, I understand stash.)

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...