Sunday, November 11, 2018

Welcome All That Would End All

Today we were in United States and other place in world is recognizing our veterans. Before I have recognize family and friends who served in our armed force.
Statement time...Thank you.

But this time I'll be taking a little different spin on veterans day. It was celebration of end of WORLD WAR ONE and then it was called, ARMISTICE DAY.
World War One was a war to end all wars. Even there a book with same TITLE.
I don't have the complete answer to end war, and bring peace. But first things in Opinion time....if there were no financial value to war. I believe it would decrease big time.
take a few minutes and google different place we been to war with and there natural resource.
Although I know there other factors that brings on war, but I still believe if no financial gain we will have less wars.
I know some one will point out the cost of taking care of our veterans. Well two things I will point out. Less war means less injuries...and the Veterans and Military is fund though different department.

If you notice that the percentage of military spending is over 50% and the veteran who serves there budget is 5%. No wonder there crisis of homeless vets.
DEFENSE CONTRACTORS is usual the ones who profit with wars. And leaves young men and woman with all sort of issues.
Editor Note...I was trying to find a graph on spending with out and political party attachments.

Just a little more on the up coming week. I sure hope things and I can take steps to more of calmer existent.
I once did my plans for the week. Nothing full steams a head.
Mainly for crafts I want to get back on doing hot pot holders. I had quite list of people I want to give them to. Well since Murphy went though the shingles my list of who gets them got smaller.
There always 2019.

On my way home I stop at AMY'S DONUTS in Spokane Valley. It seem there web page isn't up to date.
This is place where those who trying to dumb a few pound to go.
Well I only bought a half dozen of these babies. Well they were place in the freezer in basement. Sort of like "out site out of mind" and one can't have a little something so on Thursday I will and or share a goody with hubby.

Took down and picked the outside Halloween decoration.  As for trees around here there mainly bare a few have color leaves, but ready to come off.

Confession time...I don't spend equal time or fair amount of time with facebook groups or pages I have.
I actual mange two face book groups...PAGAN CREATIVITY GROUP and NORTH IDAHO HOME AND GARDEN
On the other hand I have two pages one is to share my creative side, NICE AND NIFTY STUFF. Then I have one for my blog HAVING COFFEE WITH PEPPYLADY

Coffee is on

12 comments:

  1. We spend so much on the military that we outspend the next 11-13 (depending on year) nations combined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree Dora, far too much of most countries budget is spent on military. Just imagine what could be done with that money if world leaders didn't threaten each other all the time and communicated with words instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I think wars are caused by many things...leader ego (hitler)...religion (throughout history from the beginning of time)...property/boundaries (Mexican War)...slavery (world wide), then perhaps capital gain. Of course, these I mention are just a few & off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn looks lovely around your area. The butterfly image looks a bit like a Rorschach test. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right about war being a big money making machine. I read a book once, can't remember the title, that said how governments actually start wars to make money from them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Money and power. That’s all wars are about. The rich get richer and the poor loose their loved ones and suffer the consequences
    Unfortunately as long as there is profit. It will continue
    Your winding down for winter and we are all go for spring here down under
    Christmas decorating has begun in earnest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read "War is a Racket"...by General Smedly Butler. Written after WW1. U$wars are always about PROFITS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. the chart with the blue military spending is an eye opener.. I agree about the money part of war and also like what bigfoot wrote War is a Racket. and it is

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed your weight thingy in your header. since Jan of 2017 I have gone from 220 to 160... I gave up sugar completely and most of white flour but I do eat some bread.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, education would be a better thing to invest in, I agree a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who says Yule presents must be presented on Yule? I'm still working on two presents for last Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 18, 2024: This Is What Happened

  I was surprised that there weren't any letters to the Editor of the  BONNERS FERRY HERALD.  I guess they got it all out on social med...