Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Now I Want to.

I had ever intention on doing my Wednesday meme. As some of my reader might know that my husband had shingles on his face.
Well things have change.
At first his shingle was on right side of his face it was pretty much every place except his eyes.
Well Tuesday he was just plain acting goofy or for him, out of sort. So I told him he needed to go to the doctor.
He always said I had common sense.
But since I dealt with our medical bureaucracy. And he real haven't. I would even necessary say it hard to deal with. In simple term you do things there way and you move though it a lot quicker and easier.
So that day he went to the store and one of our friend notice that there was shingle around his eyes, and decided to go over to a optometrist and she looked and said he had shingle in his eye, but not on cornea
Well after work and found him at the doctor and he explain the world seem to be tilted to the right and having trouble with his balance.
So they send him over to our local hospital for some test. They took blood, and did a CT scan, and did a fluid tap.
Well the results they came up with is viral encephalitis post zoster infection, ataxia secondary to viral encephalitis, and paranoia unclear etiology.
He taking a second round of anti viral called, Valtrex (Valacyclovir)
So they want him to go to Neurologist in about two weeks.

Well in other news I did get down below 205 (92) and working on my last 5 (2) before end of the year.
Our weight lost group is doing a contest called "Paper Clip Challenge" I will give a brief summary on how things goes
We're going to divide into two teams. And the object is to earn paper clips for your team. At the end of six weeks and team who has the longest set of paper clip will be winners.
The way one might earn clip would be attend meeting, loose weight, drink water, and exercise.

Things a little off kilter. I got my medication and swear I brought it home and can't find it. Then going to work and since my hubby has trouble with his balance and being limited to what he can and can't do.
Things aren't getting done as they need, but he will be cured.

Coffee is on

8 comments:

  1. I hope you find your medication and I hope your husband is alright soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:05 AM

    That sounds serious but I guess the prognosis is good. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    oh my... am sending healing thoughts and prayers hubby's way!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending healing thoughts, I hope your husband is OK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, that's awful. Glad you sent husband to the doctor. I hope he gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I work too much with "home improvement" as I read this as a roof shingle on his face and wondered what the heck was going on.

    I hope he gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch, hope your husband is feeling better soon. I've never had shingles but I know people who have and they've really suffered with it.

    The Paperclip Challenge does sound like good fun and a nice motivator.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had shingles in my left eye a few years ago, it's scary stuff. And Andy is having some neurological problems. They seem to be settling down, but again, scary stuff! Best wishes to you both!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Tuesday, April 30, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Last day of the month. Since it was the last day. I try to get the photo looking west from my driveway. It has been cloudy most of the da...