Friday, May 11, 2012

Wamblin' Aff a Bodie's Knee L ike a Verra Eel,

Murphy and I had to run some errands Wednesday. Just piddly shit. But the last stop was to get my self anther geranium to sat out side of my doors.
I usual put out a red one in the front.
The new geranium I got is purple. It sure doesn't look like it in photo.
Confession time...I hope by now I learn to be more careful what I say in front of heavy duty Christians. I've said this to them. “If you keep a geranium in front of your door way it will keep way evil spirits.”
But there answers is “don't they know Jesus”
I like my geraniums.

Well Thursday I help Murphette and then I head over to Ellie who lives East of the Three Mile toward but quite not to Moyie Springs.
I'm trying to get her sign up for home-care she could use a little help around the place.
It look like I'll be loosing Murphette as a client.
Confession time...I know I couldn't handle this job more then 20 hours a week it pushing it at that.
Usual a person who getting home care usual get 5 to 10 hours a week.

Friday it was pretty darn nice outside. So I did two loads of wash hung them on the clothes line to dry.
Mowed on the lawn. I usual do my trimming with the push mower first.
Then use the riding lawn mower.
I was thinking back to the days when I mowed my parents lawn.
I rode my bike to local Pop and Mom little store. With a gallon jug in the basket they gave me a buck and I don't recall what gas cost then. Late 60's and Early 70's
I got a gallon of gas and with the left over change I got some type of treat.
The I put the gas can in my basket on my bike and rode home.
Statement time....I bet now that the child protection agency would have a fit now if they saw some kid hauling fuel on there bike now
Dad and Mom only had a riding mower for a short time it went on the tractor we use for the berry patch. I don't know the reason they got rid of the mower that went to the berry tractor.
I could only come up with 3 reasons they got rid of it.
  1. The tractor need to be used more in the berry patch and change the implements wasn't feasible.
  2. It didn't mow the lawn right and if I recall my dad made a comment about it scalping the lawn;
  3. It cost to much to use.
So about every Saturday mowing my parents yard, they did pay me one dollar for mowing the lawn. Which was a lot more then mowing the lawn, mower had bag on it which had to be dumped in the garden or the compost bin. Plus I had to do the trimming by hand.
Statement time...I would also bet the child protection agency would have a fit seeing a kid out mowing the grass also.

If your wondering why I just mowed on the grass and didn't finish the entire thing. One area I need Murphy to help me move the wood rack so I could mow in that area. He is at work now.
Confession time...The hill in back yard bothers me.

Today in the afternoon I took a shower and shave. Then I put on some short first time this year.


1 comment:

  1. Nice weather here also, I ordered a new riding mower, it should be here on Monday, the old Toro is getting pretty ragged.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...