Saturday, January 01, 2011

Photo Hunt (Fuzzy)

Daisy 
First Photo hunt for 2011. To see or learn more about the hunt please visit the The Hunt
When I saw this week photo theme what actual came to my mind was the
Fuzzy Wuzzy Soaps
but Daisy got a Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear for Christmas that she has us toss though the house or she takes out the fuzzies.
In week or so the fuzzies are gone and so is the bear.
 

I never had fuzzy wuzzy soaps but I recall there jingle for there ad

I been trying to eat more raw food and decrease my grease meat intake. No I'm not becoming loop side when it comes to eating.
But I can see the benefit of eating raw which doesn't mean walking around the place with a carrot stick in ones mouth and saying “Whats up Doc”
The other day which was last Wednesday there was blizzard out side. Wind was blowing at 20 miles and hour with some wind gust over 40 miles an hour straight out of the North.
Hubby would get the drive way blow-ed out and it would drift back in. So there a spot over by the Churches or old Peterson place it seem to get drifted in and I lost the road and got stuck there like a lot of other people.
So I believe sometime after 3 in the afternoon or so the grader came by.

So we had a ham bone and we made a pot of bean soup. Wanted to put in a clove a garlic and some leeks put no how I was going to town.
So soaked up some beans (Navy)
chopped up an yellow onion and some celery. Statement time...I was in Safeway the following day to get some celery it was around $1.50 a pound.
Add container of chicken broth.
Place every thing above into crock pot if needed add more water. Most ham bone are flavorful.
For seasoning I use Rosemary and garlic pepper.

Now what I did for the raw. Couple nights we had boiled up some yams. If your in your health one should actual steam the. “Boiling the hell out of something takes out some nutrition” so steaming it would be lot wiser.
Soak one cup of raw sunflower seeds over night.
Next day drain.
Place soak sunflower in food processor with s blade
place about 2/3 cup of soft yam peeled
place some tahini I would guess I use 1 tablespoon
2 tablespoon of honey.
1 teaspoon of ginger and clove
½ or even little less sea salt.

I believe that maple syrup would be good in this recipe but please check the back of your maple syrup and see if it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup. I notice high percentage of maple syrup that one buys from your local store number one ingredient is fructose corn syrup and artificial flavor.
Pure Maple Syrup should be just maple syrup.
I also wouldn't have any trouble trying it with molasses.
NORTH IDAHO BLIZZARD SPREAD that what I'll call my recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I've got my lucky peas on and some greens in the pot~
    Wishing you luck and fortune in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...