Sunday, September 05, 2010

Yes. I have a thought on jobs

Happy Labor Day. My hubby and I have actual jobs that pays a living wage for this area. But we have the fear of being cutback or complete loosing them.



But I have a few ideal that would make my job a lot better and it could also benefit others. I do home care (personal care giver) and we are assign a certain amount time to take care of the need of clients which is usual fair.
But every so often. I'll run into overtime which I don't get paid. Mostly when I have to transport some one to a medical appointment, and when a client needs a special project done.



Let say a client may have a doctor appointment at 10 in the morning and the doctor actual see the person at 11:30. Order some test have to drive the client to where the test need to be done and they may be wait there. My hours are being use to up and once there use up. I'm working for free and that isn't right.




There been a few times when something came up and special project needed to be done. The hours we are assign real isn't enough to cover any extra task.




As how I would handle the medical. Yes, anther form. This form would be such as the time you left the client resident. Once you arrived at medical appointment document the time and the time you leave the office. Get signature from the medical office.
Do this at each place.
This document would be turn in with ones regular paper work.



Then when it comes to special project. One would have to apply early for any special task the client feels they need.
They would have to have a pre-list of item that one could do consider special project. Then each listed project would be a signed a certain amount of time.
Let say wash walls 3 to 6 hours and only could be done once in a 24 month period.
But for client not to take advantage of special task one would only be aloud a certain amount of time for entire year. Let say for example 10 hours a year.



A brief lesson on home care or a personal care giver. I work though an agency which bills Medicaid and who sets up the hours that the client receive.
As known I could be telling more about job troubles in home care (personal care). There a large turn over for many reason because of being burn out emotional and physical. I believe if these two area would be addressed of the medical appointments and special task there would be less burn out.



Wish you a wonderful Labor Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...