Sunday, September 13, 2009

Purple or Blue Spots

I made huckleberry bread but one could use blueberries instead.
But before I give out the recipes I found this site on egg replacers



8 ounce of cream cheese
Half cup of coconut oil (one can use vegetable oil)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
4 eggs
The eggs I only used two and use the cornstarch. See link to egg replacers.
Blend well together.


3 ounce of instant vanilla pudding
1 white cake mix
I made my own cake mix using about 2 ¼ to 2 ½ cups of flour personal note..One may need to experiment on the flour. It calls for 18-ounce cake mix. But I found 18 ounce of flour was a not enough.
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of soda
place dry Ingredients in to wet Ingredients mix together


fold in 2 cups of huckleberries or blueberries


grease loaf pan place batter in to loaf pan bake at 350° for about 60 minute or place a knife into loaf and if it comes out clean it’s done



I use Mountain high yoghurt.

instead of the cream cheese




When I was at my T.O.P.S meeting I learn a new trick or how to substitute yogurt for sour cream or cream cheese.
Place a coffee filter in strainer and a bowl under it. Place yogurt on coffee filter and place bowl in fridge.
Let drain over night or a good 8 hours.
The liquid will be in bottom bowl.

A lot of household chemicals bothers me and lot of them seems to make me asthmatic. So I use non toxic chemicals.
One thing I found was Bon Ami For a while I was using baking soda for a cleanser. It wasn’t cheap. Although Bon Ami is higher price then comet, It works as well as comet.




Both of our boys Sawyer and Bart came up for the demolition derby here in Bonners Ferry.
It seem when they visit we only see them it seems like 30 minutes.
But as Sawyer worked on the demolition car. Bart and his dad hiked into Hidden lake up by Smith Creek.
Sawyer left his jeep here and I guess he going to use it during hunting season. I believe it grouse season now. But I understand next month in October starts waterfowl season. Sawyer says he isn’t getting anything smaller then a goose. I guess he doesn’t want to clean it.
But to Ziggy the jeep with it dark seat it looks like a great place to nap

2 comments:

  1. Ziggy is soo cute curled up there! And those are awesome tips to cooking more healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread looks so yummy!
    Thanks for sharing the egg & cream cheas substitution/ ideas! My dau can have egg whites, but is allergic to the yolks, & many gluten free recipes call for eggs - love the tip about adding some oil, & that you used coconut oil in your recipe!

    The G F scones I made last night turned out really well - I used a couple of egg whites for the egg, + some flax seeds & their water. The flax seeds add omega 3 fatty acids, which we so need! & I used coconut milk not cream in the recipe (diluted with 1/2 can of water - still came out great!)

    'This Guy' has some great tips on Organic Cleaning products (link over on the Vale) - I love using soda & vinegar for most things, & natural soaps, etc.

    Sounds like you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...