Friday, August 21, 2009

Our County Fair 09

Our local fair will be starting soon and every year it seem to be smaller and smaller. No we don’t have a carnival.
But a lot of neat things enter in it.
Now back to why I was posting about this.
I grip on how fewer and fewer entries are entered in the fair.
So I decided to but in a few things this year
Confession time…I would grip on how no one entry in the fair and I could of very well but something in. It like those people who don’t vote and are eligible to. It seem like there first in line for any hand out.
Then grip the loudest on how the government handles things.
So I was no better then those who don’t vote when it came to our local fair



I have to honestly say I feel it would been better to have a our local fair a little later in the season.
So we took Quenella to the fair on Friday.
It doesn’t take long to go though our fair at all



So this year I put in 5 items in the fair.




I entered our corn and got a white ribbon. The corn we grew looked good as the others that was entered.

As you can see I got a red ribbon for the kohlrabi. Not many entries.




I know I shown this ceramic lid but I did get a blue ribbon on it



Now the next two things I didn’t receive any ribbon for



My huckleberry jam



Rex a photo I took of Donna dog. For some reason I can’t find the picture of Rex I entered in the fair




I real like it when the judges take there time and explain what he or she is looking for.
Once I was showing Taurus in a halter class when he was a yearling and there were fifty horses in the class. I got reserve champion. Because I held the lead to halter to close and he could travel with a good gait.
So after that I made I held the lead right and the horse could have strait gait

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on all the ribbons. I haven't been to a County Fair since I moved away from TN. but I bet you had fun. When I go up to Gettysburg in Oct. they are having the Apple Harvest Festival, From what I have read about it I think it is similar to a county fair.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Tuesday, April 30, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Last day of the month. Since it was the last day. I try to get the photo looking west from my driveway. It has been cloudy most of the da...