This week for the Photo Hunt was HEAVY and to learn more about Photo Hunt Please stop in at our hostess TN CHICK for all the info.
Next Photo Hunt will be free
Yesterday we went down and visit Sawyer in Post Falls and his mommy (me) had to bake him a cake and I don’t know why a plain and simple pound cake sound great. Plus I never made one with cream cheese in it.
Sawyer real liked this cake.
His comment was it was heavy and good.
CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE
2 cups bleach all-purpose flour (spoon flour into dry measure cup and level off)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
½ pound of butter (2 sticks) butter, soften
One 8 oz package of cream cheese, soften
2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoon of vanilla
6 large eggs, at room tempture
3 cups confections sugar
2 tablespoon of white rum
2 tablespoon of water.
One 12 cup tube pan or bundt pan, butter and flour.
1) Set rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees
2) Stir in flour and baking powder together in a bowl, mixing well.
3) Place the butter, cream cheese, and sugar in the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer and beat at medium speed with paddle attachment until very light about 5 minutes. Beat vanilla. One at a time beat in four of the eggs, beating until smooth after each addition.
4) Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in one-third of the flour, then anther egg, beating until smooth after each addition. Stop the mixer occasionally to scrape the buttom and sides of the bowl with rubber spatula. Beat in anther third cup of flour, then, after the flour been absorbed, the last egg, Scrape again and beat in the last of the flour.
5) Use the rubber spatula to give a final mix to the batter, then scrape it into the prepared pan and smooth the top (See above)
6) Bake for about 65 to 75 minutes or until cake is well risen, cracked on top, and welled colored and a tooth pick inserted into centered emerges dry.
7) Cool the cake in the pan for a few minutes, then un-mold it unto a rack and turn right side up to finish cooking.
8) To make the glaze, combine sugar, rum, and water in a medium saucepan and stir until smooth, then heat over very low heat just until lukewarm. Drizzle of over cake with a spoon, or use a parchment paper cone, or pour glaze over to cover entire cake.
I real like this book Perfect Cakes they have some real great cake recipes