Friday, October 05, 2007

Friendly Friday

Welcome to Friendly Friday and this Friendly Friday is going to be different this week. I won’t be posting any coffee pals or new blogs this time around.
I’m participating in Over Whelm With Joy Holiday Cooking Blogger Style which is being hosted by Over Whelm With Joy

Our niece Quincy told us about Geo Caching
This is a sport were one may hide or seek treasures.
I’m hiding my first cache out in the game reserve somewhere.



Now for my recipe and sure hope more to come….

CLAM CHOWDER
4 slice of bacon (diced)-fried in frying pan and drain off fat. I like to place my bacon on paper towel to absorb fat.
2 quarts of milk
1 quart of ½ and ½ . You may use cream.

1 14 ½ oz (411g) of chicken broth
3 10oz (283g) can of whole baby clams do not drain
go head and throw your dice bacon in.

4 to 6 peeled and diced potatoes
½ of large onions diced or sliced
2 large carrots thinly sliced
2 large celery stalks diced
Place last four items into chowder.

Simmer until done which is when carrots or potatoes are soft but not mushy- for about 1 and ½ . I like to simmer it steady you may want to stir to prevent stick to the buttom of your pot.
Then turn it to 2, 1 or low on your stove top.
I like my soups re heated they to me taste so much better.


There plenty of good recipe of at Holiday cooking blogger style

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful. thanks for postiing the recipe with photos!
    http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very yummy.....might have to make something like that for hubby......I think he would like that very much....

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Friday, May 17, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Our primary is this coming Tuesday, May 21 st . To me the primary is more important than the general election here in Idaho. It mainly ...