Sunday, June 17, 2007

Casting of Ceramic Molds


Yesterday I did my first casting of ceramic molds.
I haven’t cast ceramic molds for ages. I ended up pouring the molds by hand the motor to my pump is to small to pump the slip up though the hose and into the nozzle. So I pour by hand and I’m limited to the things I can pour and the production time is lot slower when pouring by hand.
Opinion time…the hardest thing for me is choosing which mold to cast. But all in all everything went quite well and few minor things I need to get or do that would make casting greenware a lot easier.
I need to bring out a cottage cheese container with water and soft bristle brush to cover and fix the multi of sins.
But also I need to purchase a fettling knife a butter knife does ok but it just don’t do as well as a fettling knife. But I actual could use a big electrical motor to pump my slip with




I have to say I had about a 50% rate in getting out the greenware from the mold success. But considering I haven’t cast any slip for years and I use to get better then 95% rate of marketable pieces of greenware to sell.
But I’m not complaining I know we’ll get up to that rating soon once again.
My goal is to have enough finish piece done that I can do our local cow creek craft show in October. Once I have two hundred dollar worth of finish inventory I’ll sent in my application.

1 comment:

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Sunday, April 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  It's a cloudy day. It will likely rain. Later, I'm going to try an automatic drawing challenge for seven days. I got the idea fro...