Saturday, March 10, 2007

Clarence and Elsie



I received a copy of my parental grandparents marriage lesion.
I was told that my grandma (Elsie) parents Theodore and Sarah (Keyport) Miller owned a boarding house in Jackson Michigan and my grandfather was working as a brakeman for the railroad and rent a room from his future in-laws.
I understand they were only married a short time.
I never heard how my grandfather met his second wife Pearl.
But I did her how my grandmother Elsie met her second husband Rolph Wells.
After my grandparents got divorce. Elsie reminded friends with her ex in-laws Duane and Dora (Stanell) Witherell and went to visit them.
On one of her trips visiting her ex in-law she met Rolph Wells who was also divorce and had one son.
I learned that my grandparents were married on the 19th of February 1903.
But now I want to find out who Laurie (If I’m reading it right) Keyport is, she was one of the witness to the marriage of Elsie and Clarence and has the same surname of my grandmother Elsie mothers maiden name.
The other witness Hattie can’t make out her last name but she from Los Angles California and I’m wondering why Hattie was in Michigan at that time.


Never Know what one may win playing bloggerity.
5 minute with mom just finished up with her Ultimate blog party and they were all sorts of nice prizes and I didn’t win any. But the odds were Eleven to One that I would won a prize, not bad odds.


Ocean Dreamer is organizing a A spring time drawing I’ve looked though some of the wonderful arts and crafts bloggers have made for this spring time drawing and their a lot of talent.


After doing Ultimate blog party and seeing what is being offer springtime arts and craft drawing I’m strongly considering when I get my first piece of ceramic painted I’ll offer a drawing for it.
But it won’t be till June or later

2 comments:

  1. It's always so exciting when you can find out more about your ancestors...I love the old photographs! Hopefully you can find out who that woman was!! I've decided to host an Easter swap, you'll see the post on my blog:-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. peppylady, thanks for stopping by and commenting, I'm glad your spring flowers are starting to come up, its always a relief that winter is over. love your old pictures, they're precious things to have, and my grandma was called Elsie too.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Monday, April 29, 2024 This Is What Happened.

  It's almost the end of April. Soon, there will be May Flowers. I went for a walk this morning up to the 5th power pole. On May 1, I w...