Friday, December 08, 2006

Uncle Bossco


Ned N. McCalmant Sr., age 84 of Hayden, Idaho died on December 5, 2006 at Kootenai Medical Center in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. He was born on August 21, 1922 in Grainfield, Kansas to Edgar and Olive (Shirley) McCalmant.
In 1937, the family moved from Minature, Nebraska to Bonners Ferry, Idaho where Ned graduated high school in 1941. After his high school graduation, he joined the United States Army and served proudly in the Pacific Theater during WWII; during which time he achieved the rank of Tech Sergeant.
After returning from the war, Ned married Jane Kleinsmith on January 6, 1946. In 1953, he began his career as a sawmill foreman for Northwest Timber in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho where he remained until his retirement.
Ned had several loves in his life including hunting and fishing. He was a member of VFW Post 9831 in Hayden, Idaho. Ned also loved to travel including visiting most of the United States and three trips to Europe.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and two sisters.
Ned is survived by his wife, Jane; son and daughter-in-law, John. and Jane McCalmant of Hayden, Idaho; daughter and son-in-law, Jane and John Reichuber of Corvallis, Oregon; brothers: John McCalmant, John McCalmant and John McCalmant all of Bonners Ferry, Idaho; sisters: Jane Anderson of Bonners Ferry, Idaho and Jane Williams of Havre, Montana; four grandchildren, three great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, December 8, 2006 at Yates Funeral Home, Hayden Chapel; followed by burial at Rimrock Cemetery in Hayden, Idaho.


This is the obituary of my Uncle Ned which we called Bossco. My uncle Bossco always had a story to tell, twinkle in his eye, and smile on his face.
To be around my Uncle Bossco you couldn’t be thin skin.
At the serves I learn that Uncle Bossco got 30 some elk in his life time and when he was younger he got 14 deer in one season. Yea I know it illegal to do. But he is one of 12 children two of them died as babies, one was his twin brother.
One of his neighbor he always says “ How are you farmer and I don’t like you” Ok most of the time he came across as gruf.
He was in one of his local coffee shop And some young wiper snapper was telling about fishing and Bossco in his gruff manner said “You don’t know how to fish”
Uncle Bossco caught a lot of fish and I wouldn’t tempted to count them. Their was this halibut that was bigger then he was.


One of my memories was Uncle Bossco fashion taste he would show up to family gatherings in plaid pants Confession time...I’ve always said Uncle Bossco always wore clown pants and his shirts was always bright in color. Some time or should say the patterns didn’t match. Who knows what he would have on with his clown pants it could a strip or a polka dot shirt.


FISHERMAN PRAYER


God grant that I may live, to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast. I then must humbly pray: When in the lord’s safe landing net, I’m peacefully asleep that in his mercy I be judge as good enough to keep


I could go on about fishing and hunting tells about Uncle Bossco. He loved people.
Plus Idaho Fish and Game end flowers.


Where Name Jane and John is use these people are still alive


I pray that your glory fill the lives of all as one

5 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your uncle, he sounds like a fine man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss. May the memories you have of your Uncle replace your sadness with smiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many wonderful memories to remember him by...it's great that he spent so much time doing things he loved to do:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peppy: I'm so sorry. Condolences to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Monday, May 6, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I went to see my therapist, and the main thing we talked about was disappointment. And we sort of chit-chat about this and that.   One t...