Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Over Doing Disabilties

My client Callie daughter Patty was recently approve for Disability she been diagnostic with ADD


Maybe I don’t complete understand what a disabilty is. Callie family has some type of disability and in my Opinion...they make it worst then what it is


Plus I understand why Callie got her daughter on disability for financial reason. Callie also has some disability. Opinion time...I feel Callie couldn’t hold down a full time job because of her disabilities.
I don’t think she needs someone to come in her home and do everyday general cleaning in her home. In most part she is able to do this.
She needs someone to come in twice a week to do the heavier cleaning.

With me coming in like I do, it just gives her permission to be lazy and I feel it show and or tell her daughter if you have a disability to helpless, and lazy.


I believe Patty has ADD but I don’t believe she is helpless and can develope admirable skills in life.
First of all Callie could set up some simple routine chores for her to do. Opinion...I don’t believe Children to be slaves to their parents
then change her diet and get more exercise. Ok she eats way to much processes carbs. Honest time...I’ve seen people on a lot worst diet. I lease don’t grip my teeth together.


I feel with the right help Patty can go and lead a productive life and not be a depended on someone or something


To me it seems if you have a disability, some makes them complete stupid and can’t do anything for their self

2 comments:

  1. I have worked many a time with people who have dissabilities. We were taught to make them do as much as they can so they can feel part of society-not to everything for them. In other words be their helpers not their own personal workers. It sounds like yu are no longer helping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite dyslexic and though I got therapy to help I still have moments where I have problems. Especially when I read outloud or write - I reread my journal posts and comments many times before posting and I still come back later and see I made mistakes. Technically I suppose it is a disability but I would never claim it as such, it is simply one of the challenges life threw my way.

    I have a friend who is ADD and she has a quite short term memory (she tried to kill herself with carbon monoxide as a teen and just ended up with brain damage) she has never claimed disability though she easily could. She just finds ways to work with it (making very detailed check lists and writing down where she put things etc.)

    Rambling here but opinion time for me: Instead of supporting them to do the best that they can, our society babies people with "disabilities" so they come to see themselves was weak and dependant.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Monday, May 6, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I went to see my therapist, and the main thing we talked about was disappointment. And we sort of chit-chat about this and that.   One t...