Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Why does it Matter

As of yesterday 6,256 words I have type for my novel and I’m way behind. I have no ideal where they put books on Plato, or the diary of Ann Frank.
I think everyday hard working individuals ought to heard.


I looked up these words in the dictionary:


Humanism----1)Humanitarian principles or practice. 2) Theology, the doctrine of Jesus Christ was human not divine. 3) The ethical doctrine that mans obligations are concerned wholly with human relations and the welfare of human race


Cult...(N) 1) A particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to it’s rites and ceremonies: Buddhism includes many cult 20 Great admiration for a person, thing,idea etc.
Worship: A cult of (Napoleon) grew up after his death A group showing such admiration; worship


Metaphysical----fanciful, imaginary


Philosophy------1) A system for guiding life, as a body of principles of conduct, religious belief. 2) Study of the truth or principles underlying all knowledge; study of the most general cause and principles of the universe


Religion-----1) Belief in god or gods. 2) Worship of God or Gods 3) A particular system of religious belief and worship.

Spirituality----Devotion to spiritual instead of worldly good. (Spirit-the immaterial part of man; soul


Theology----1) The origin of the gods. 2) A account of this, genealogical account of gods.


This was copy and type from “The world book Dictionary, 1973 edition.


Opinion time....If one so don’t agree on your religious belief they may or may not call it a cult or how you may conduct your rites or services
So after reading the definition of these words I’ve came to conclusion and of your belief can be put to any of these words or all of them. I know I could

3 comments:

  1. This is an interesting post and it's always fun to learn the true definition of certain words. I respect everyone's religion and it really bothers me when I see people put down others because their beliefs are not the same. It is our personal choice what we want to believe in, be it a cult or whatever...it all comes down to the same words...believing in something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm spiritual not religious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. peppy could you send me your mailing addy for the stocking swap? thanks
    happe2b50@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...