Monday, October 02, 2006

Flying Out of the Nest

Saturday evening our local high school had their home coming dance and both of our boys looked handsome.
I feel Murphy and I did a good job of raising them Confession time...although we are far from being perfect


Knowing that we did a good job with our boys. We taught them good value, be honest, be respectful. Be tolerant, and stand up for what you believe in.


As the boys got older and showed they were responsible for the freedom we gave them we gave them more freedom.
Sawyer is 18 and we never had any major problems with him. Sure we had a few minor incidents honest time...Actual they were somewhat funny and I’ll blogg about them some other time.
Bart who is 15 needs to be in by 10. Less they are special reason such as a group activity.
Then if Bart does good on that we will increase his curfew.


When both boys are gone I feel sad and lonely Confession time...I thinking I’m starting to go threw empty nest. syndrome.
I knew the boys would leave home and start a life of their own.
Honest time....At one time I want 8 children and I couldn’t get Murphy to go along with that ideal. But in todays world and society it isn’t possible

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog this afternoon. I happened to be online when you stopped over and wanted to come visit with you also.

    I've had 'an empty nest' now, for about 12 years and I love it most times. But get lonely for my kids at times also. But I think that is part of being a parent. Letting go and allowing them to live their own lives is hard.

    Happy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empty nest sucks. I love when the kids visit. I wish they would all move back home.

    Good job with the boys.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...