Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Celbrate the 4th With family and 15 head of Cattle

My Uncle Henry and Aunt Eve got 40 acres down the hill from us over by the deep creek area. So they least the land out for pasture to some cattle and plus their building a private personal park in there.


Murphy had to work the 4th of July. So after work we all headed down their for a barbeque of beef steaks and potluck. Their was 16 people and 2 of them wasn’t related. Most of the older folks sat around and told stories of days gone by. I honestly think my son Bart got laugh out of them anyhow he some what like his mom and is a history buff.


My Aunt Eve told about her and Uncle Henry 1st date. Well it was propley around 1945 or 46 and in the spring time they drove up to neck out knob which is up by the city pool. And they ended getting stuck in the mud. Couldn’t get out and Uncle Henry had to get a tow truck to pull his rig out, which cost him $5.00 dollars. At that time it was a lot of money to him. Last April my Aunt Eve and Uncle Henry been married for 58 years


During the summer time when I was young I spent about two weeks in the summer on my Uncle Henry and Aunt Eve dairy. If I recall they milk about 30 head of Holstein .
My cousin Pablo who is my Uncle Henry and Aunt Eve youngest son. When they were teenagers they had a small black motorcycle. I remember one time when I was young he and I went for a ride on some back road pass an old abandon cabin building. Pablo use to tell me that an old mean boogy man lived in their and he was taking a nap and if he was a wakin, the boogy man would come out. Boy my cousin had me terrified of that old cabin when I was young


Their was 16 people at the barbeque my Aunt Eve furnish steaks. Better well everyone brought a potluck dish. We brought Potato salad. Nothing fancy and it was a real relaxing evening. Confession time...I find it somewhat stressful to go over to Murphy side for a family gathering because the way Murphy and his brother Earl gets along


Any how my Aunt and Uncle little private park is so close we could drive down and have a picnic all most anytime

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...