Monday, September 19, 2005

fire wood


We mainly heat our home by wood so now we have been going out one day on the weekend to gather our winter wood.
Sunday my oldest son Sawyer got a call to began work at the kootenai river inn as a dishwasher. I don’t mind my boys having a job. At this time it put a damper on what I’ve had plan for the day. Murphy and both boys were going up on cook pass to get a load of wood. Since Sawyer went to work I end going and helping with wood.
We drove up to top Cooks pass in the Selkirk Mountains. Looking for our dream of big Larch buckskin snag, never found one. We found lot of dead larch rounds which is ok for me. No major problem or mishaps.
One of the trees we need to cut down was leaning into anther tree so Murphy and Bart went up the edge of hill to ward the tree. Murphy put a notch in tree with the chain saw. This tree needed a little help so they hooked a cum long to anther tree to pull it over. In the short distant it sound like an empty gun chamber ever time they tighten the cum along it made sound of “ click, click, click “. This tree never came down. Well a big windstorm will blow it over and we can back up and get it unless someone else gets it. There was 2 other trees that Bart and I had to put a chain on pull it over. Don’t worry it notch right so it shouldn’t fall on top pf us. Confession time When pulling or pushing on a tree when the wind comes up I get frightened and they been a few time that I’ve ran from falling trees but all in all we don’t take that many risk.
We misjudged a tree and thought it was a larch instead it was a alpine to me these trees remind me of a winter wonderland I like the smell of alpine.The Alpine is crappy firewood to use no heat value compare to others. To me the best firewood is larch, red fir and birch but some wouldn’t see eye to eye with me. Heat from firewood.
Getting firewood is hard work I even managed to cook steaks for dinner and get the clothes off the clothesline.
When I hit the hay I slept like I was saw log. Nothing a woken me until the alarm went off and getting firewood is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Sunday, April 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  It's a cloudy day. It will likely rain. Later, I'm going to try an automatic drawing challenge for seven days. I got the idea fro...