Sunday, June 24, 2018

Let Just Be Nice For A Little While

My last post I wonder what memes or bloghops you take part in. Maybe a better term would be blogger communites would be a better term.
Dog Lady Den is hosting a blogfest and her fest is called MOVIE LOVERS FEST and it until the end of August 2018.
I wonder which type of blogfest I would like to host or be part of blogfest. I have to say I liked those holidays ones or maybe a crafty one.
Question time....What type of blogfest would you like to join in or host?

Family reunion is over. Confession time...some time I find it hard to be civilize with some members of my family.
Like most things it seem even our family is divide. There a slab area with a kitchen and some sat on each side of the slab. A person might say were divide by fox news and cnn news.
The truth is I don't watch either one.
There was about 60 who attentend.
My grandparents McCalmant had 12 kids and 9 of them reproduced. Out of those who had little ones, and we're all grown.
There oldest son Uncle Glen no one from his family was there. They all got an invite. My grandfather died in 1975 and every since then my Uncle Glen family rarely came to a family event.
Not sure what went on.
Uncle Glen widow is still a live and there three son's are still a live. Plus Grandchildern and great grandchildren.
Statement time ...I might not want to hang around some of my family members all the time but once or twice a year I can but my difference behind me, and come to a family events.

I'm a silly girl and there a sign by the kitchen sink..."Do Not Drink Water"...guess who drinks the water. I didn't see the sign til later.
Not saying it the definitely cause of my digestion troubles.
The family park is once an old cow pasture with shallow well and up the creek there some cow pasture which drink out of creek.

I'm sure this will be over before I go to work. I can think of plenty I like to do.

Coffee is on


16 comments:

  1. Hari om
    Families - and long term friends - can be very invested in who they want us to be rather than accepting who we are... for brief visits, it's worth biting that tongue! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is too short. Being nice doesn't hurt anyone. My grandmother told me to smile. Smile at people I know, people I don't know. She told me, You never know who might see that smile and really need to see it, or perhaps it is the only smile they have seen all day. There are plenty of family members that are tough to take, but I always think of y grandma and try really hard to live by her rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a universal truth - finding it hard to be civil with all family members ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have family troubles too. Since I divorced my first husband I never see my inlaws anymore and don't even get invited to events like my mother-in-law's 90th birthday party. It doesn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the old saying goes, you can pick your friends but not your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, families can be exhausting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big families can definitely be trying Dora, especially if there is a political divide.. as you say once or twice a year is enough 😉 hope you feel better soon ✨

    ReplyDelete
  8. My parents were divorced when I was six and I soon learned to just keep quiet when Mother's relatives criticized my dad (even after he had died!) and Dad's relatives criticized my mother. First I just did this because I didn't want to get into an argument, but later I realized that they just saw things differently and always would.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My parents were divorced when I was six and I soon learned to just keep quiet when Mother's relatives criticized my dad (even after he had died!) and Dad's relatives criticized my mother. First I just did this because I didn't want to get into an argument, but later I realized that they just saw things differently and always would.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only see all of my family once a year so I try to be civil with all of them. Sometimes it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For me, it all depends on which part of the family I am with!

    My favorite blog event is Paris in July by Thyme for Tea. Lots of wonderful posts about France!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have a huge family!!
    Last time I saw family other than my brother was on my Mum´s funeral over 8 years ago... Despite some live only about 300km away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not taken in any blog memes or blogfests since I stopped participating in the Photo Hunt that introduced me to your blog. Maybe I should consider doing so...

    As for family: someone once said that family you're born into, friends you choose. So I guess it's inevitable that one won't be able to get along with everyone in one's family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Life is too short to put up with family members you don't like. I know, this is an unpopular opinion. I'm not talking just a general dislike, though. Some family members can be toxic. And there's no reason to put up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never joined one of those, I do my own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are 7 of us kids. 6 now since a brother passed. All different personalities. It's difficult. Sometimes loving family from afar is the best way to go.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...