Sunday, April 22, 2012

Skirlin like a kenna-what, waukenin' sleepin' fock.

I didn't want to make my post on the April 16  any longer. But I wanted to tell you the story of my Uncle Melvin and Aunt Bea. Some reason Murphy create a mental act that my Uncle Melvin and Aunt Bea was well off. Which is far from the truth.

I would date this event in the mid seventies or early eighties my Uncle Melvin worked as a logger most of his life. He had a partner who want to get out of the logging business for some reason. So My Uncle and Aunt made the choice to buy the partner out.
A short time after they made there decision log prices fell and my Uncle had to retire at 62. But they borrowed $250,000 from his sister Eve and brother in-law to buy out the partnership.
They did get it paid back but it only left them with social security to live on. Plus there youngest son Dacian who been diagnostic with schizophrenia and been an issue with them emotional and financial.

I told Murphy about this for some reason he thought my Uncle and Aunt had some type of wealth. He was surprise thought they live in a nice home. To be quite honest they don't have much square feet in there place.
To me there a big different between low income and poverty. Some one who choose to live in squalor to me choose to live in poverty.
We don't live in squalor.

 Murphy seem to be in a better mood that he return to work. 


Recently I did a little bit of genealogy on my dad side it sure doesn't seem like the Witherell didn't reproduce much after Gilman who would be my 2nd great grand-dad. He had 3 sons and 2 daughters
Then Gilman had a brother Theodore who had 4 daughters and 1 son
I don't know what Theodore line did after him.
But at this point it looks like anyone after Gilman line had 2, 1 or 0 rug rats. 
 
Friday there was a food give away at the Lutheran Church parking lot in Bonners Ferry. This give away has nothing to do with your income or assets.
So I took Murphette future Son in-law to get them a box. Plus he picked up the neighbor lady one also. As I was there too. I might as well get a box also.
So the box they let me have was 1 white bread, 2 frozen organic Yukon gold fries, 2 frozen organic sweet potato fries, 5 pound bag of potatoes, 2 bags of carrots, 1 pound of pasta, melon, 2 bags of apples, bag of onions and beef roast.
I actual don't mind the Lutheran as a Christian faith a least to me they don't play head games with you. 
Or least around here they don't.
Confession time....If the local Evangelical was giving away free items I wouldn't have any trouble from getting a hand out from them. I wouldn't even have to be needy.
To me the little I've heard in there teachings, there the only one has the monopoly on getting into heaven.
I hope I don't sound like bigot...Their teaching irritates me 

Sill puttering about. Attending to seeds we started.
A few changes in the hodge-podges flower bed. There white like bell type of flower in bloom. It has molted color leaves. I know it's not a snow drop. If you notice I have a set of daffodil in bloom. 
I wish I recalled these low growing daisy like flowers. Later on I would like to split this and move it into the royal sunshine flower-bed. Murphy and I both like this flower.
The Easter hyacinth are blooming. The only two colors I have is pink and purple. I like to move some of my purple ones in the royal sunshine flower bed. Then this fall get some white and yellow ones. I like the way the Easter hyacinth smell.
Editor note...For some reason the picture didn't flip.


Murphy went and rot-tiled the garden. Looks like the first thing I will plant is the red potatoes. I picked up two varieties, red pontiac and red la-soda.
I would like to try a blue variety of potato put so far I haven't found anything locally.
But the potatoes this year will be next to the strawberries.

 
Though my facebook page I found this new blog called homestead survival. and it's on 21st century homesteading. I think it has a lot of cool information.

Well I've been try to pay more attention and note when my anxiety attacks happen it seem like when I get done eating and when someone start to go on and on with the same grip. Just won't let go.
Confession time...I do plenty of gripping on my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Plus there youngest son

    Plus THEIR youngest son

    THEIR is like two or more people.
    THERE is like something over there.

    Pretty old tiller but they're tough buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at an (old) ladies gardening site one day and she's never tilled the soil, plants have tough roots, they don't need the ground tilled deep.

    She just scratched the ground deep enough to put in the seeds and let nature do what nature does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know nothing in gardening and planting except my flowers in pots !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plants are blooming nicely. Hope to see more of your produce.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...