Saturday, November 19, 2011

Photo Hunt (Wet-Rain)

In North Idaho we have to contend with snow. Many ways of describing snow.
wet snow”
“dry snow”
“cold snow”
I've never heard of warm snow.
When it comes to moving snow about. Most people now have a snow removing device such as snow plow or blower.
But back when I was young people use shovel actual a snow shovel. It somewhat looks like “grain shovel” there is a difference.
As one who moves snow may use terms such as
“light snow”
wet snow”
Wet snow would stick to your shovel.
“Blanket” is a term use to describe when the ground is complete covered.
When one has a little or no visibility the term mostly use around here is
“White out”
Anther word for “blizzard”
I think this is the prettiest way of describe snow when it comes out the sky so peaceful
“Angels dandruff”


But when one talks of rain I've never heard anyone yet use the term
“dry rain
but the terms
“cold rain
“warm rain
Is one way to know if one needs to bundle up or not.
Then there is term to describe how fast or the rate of rain coming down.
“It's raining cats and dogs”
Question time...Does it rain ducks and geese in another part of the world
“It's a down pour”
“It's dumping buckets”
“A soaking”
But when it not raining all that heavy one may hear terms like
“A few drops”
“it didn't even settle the dust”

I hope all of you had a little fun reading these odd way of explain snow and rain. I can't think of any more. Feel free to leave any ones you remember describing rain or snow.

 
To join in the fun or to just look at other please visit our hostess TN CHICKS
  Next week hunt is “Hand Written”

6 comments:

  1. My favourite snow is the sort I see out of the window of a nice, warm room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one who moves snow may use terms such as.

    "Fucking snow."

    Don't usually get a lot of it here so I get by with a plow on the riding mower.

    Get a lot of rain.

    "Fucking rain."

    Warm rain is good for doing happy naked pagan dancing in. Or screwing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:57 PM

    You'd think "raining ducks and geese" would be more common than "cats and dogs."

    We get your weather a few hours later.

    As to warm snow - does the ski resort in April count?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that thick blanket of snow. Would like that in sunny Singapore. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. For once I can say I haven't seen any rain since more than a month ! 2 weeks in Egypt and in Belgium it hadn't rained either since I am back ! Next time I am with you again !

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...