Saturday, May 07, 2011

Photo Hunt (digital)

I don't know why I had a little trouble with this hunt. This week hunt is digital. Actual if one thinks about it digital been around for while. Our cooking stove is old and it has a digital clock and oven temp reads also digital.
But my kiln aren't digital but now when one buys a kiln you have a choice of having digital control panel box.
I'm slowly starting to look into switching my kilns over to digital instead of cones sitters.
For more info on the hunt please visit our hostess TN CHICK

Statement time...I'm recovering since my life isn't being ran on adrenal. No it not smooth sailing. But I'm feeling a lot better now.
In three different areas of my life emotional, physical, and mental.
I'm eating better and getting in walks.

Now for the garden. I wish the weather and I was on better term. Murphy and I put in some artichokes 13 I believe.
Then 13 more leeks. It seems like I have a thing about 13. “Well I don't”
Put in some short rolls of swiss chard, mustard greens, and radishes”
There still that white flower blooming in hodge podge flower bed. I was going to tell you nothing more as for color. But wait there is grape hyacinth.
I notice there one daffodil with an orange center in the royal sunshine flower bed.
Tulip are still in bud.

I like to be creative when comes to food. Some even may call it wing it. “I love greens” So I got some collard greens. So what I did is made them into collard rolls like “cabbage rolls”
Note time.... I never been one for measuring things.

3 stalks of celery chopped up
yellow and red onion (I would say they where on small to medium size) chopped up.
1 leek I would guess I had a 1 cup chopped up
2 piece of garlic diced up
4 thin slice of ginger root
saute all of above as your saute add 1 ¼ pounds of ground turkey. Cook until everything is done remove slice ginger root.
Drain one can 15 oz of White Kidney beans (Cannelli)
add to meat mixture.
Add a pint of home can tomatoes
for seasoning I put a package of fajita mix
or read the ingredients and make your own.

Trim down the main steam of collard green. Place in a pan of water and cook. Drain and cool.
Also peel some potatoes so you can make mash potatoes.
Then in casserole type of dish
place the collard rolls in if you have mixture left go head and place on top of collard rolls, then place mash potatoes on top. Place in 350° oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Then take out and put on some gradate cheese until melted.

7 comments:

  1. I agree that digital's been with us for a while -- and also would add that it's become so unremarkable we often don't think to photograph it! ;b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:34 AM

    I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing well. I am not gardening, Too much rain. Have a great week.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love greens. Mustard collards, spinach, all of them...and any way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It takes a while getting used to the new and ever changing technology around us, but we have to go with the times. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wing it when it comes to cooking too, and it turns out pretty good! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I put in leeks for the first time this year.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...