Sunday, April 29, 2007

If It Wasn't For



Saturday Morning I took back Sawyer Tux and I stop in at our local farmers Market to see who and what was down in Bonners Ferry City Parking Lot.
Confession time..If it wasn’t for Sawyers Tux had to be return I wouldn’t went in. Gas is getting out rages!
But since I was in town I thought I would look around.
One thing bothered me at local farmers markets that some of the stuff is way over priced. I’m not expecting the local market to sell there product at wal-mart prices but some are better then 5 times.
I don’t mine paying a few extra coins or even a few extra bills to support my local economy




My friend Alice had her booth sat up and her son Frank was taking care of business. She makes quite a few things to sell at local markets. But to day she had her crowns, her jellies and jams.
Plus her zesty season blend which she would like to find a bigger market for.


After the Market I drove down to Sandpoint and got few items out of wal-mart and my prescription.
I went across the street to home depot and bought a red geranium. I also got a pot and thing to place the pot in so it could be hung out side.
I was showing Murphy my pot and as I was putting the pot in holder to show it. I dropped the pot and it crumbled in to many little pieces.
Statement time..I had the dropsy most of the day
When I was at home depot they were giving everyone a blue spruce for arbor day.


I worked in my flower beds today. In my hodge podge flowerbed I weed. Then in my purplish and yellowish flowerbed I pulled out Dan lions I’m not sure were everything is plant in there is at.
I’ve been weeding a getting the soil prepared in my patriotic flowerbed. So today I planted my Dutch Man Trousers a white bleeding heart.
Sometime ago I bought some blue and white flower seeds at one of our local farm and hardware store.
So I got a bowl out and mixed the seeds together which includes
Lobelia

Bachelor Button

Coneflower

White poppy


We decided to plant the spruce tree that I got at home depot on the southside of our home.
Mainly because of it size we have planted smaller plant life and it usual gets ran over with the lawn mower.
So once it gets 18 to 30 inches we will move it.
“Yes, that me” digging a spot to hold the spruce tree until it matures some. I would venture a roses, rhododendron, and peonies in that area.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the petrol prices, I've stopped going out so much because of that, and I have some friends who live a distance away I hardly see now.
    nice to get a free tree! and to see you out working in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower seed mix sounds like it will be absolutely beautiful when it blooms. I love bachelor buttons.

    I need to get back out in my gardens and do more work, but still sore from last Saturday. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...