Saturday, October 19, 2024

Today Is Saturday, October 19, 2024: This Is What Happened.

 



I got another page of artist trading cards—nine of them. They came from Idaho and Washington, and two are unknown to me.



I went to art class at the tea shop in Bonners Ferry. We made a collage turtle. Mine isn't done. Hopefully, I will have a chance to work on it tomorrow.

Before art, I stopped and filled out the form to borrow a book through the inter-library loan. I'm trying to get THE RED BOOK.. I've Been slow on reading this year.




I guess one could call it a rally. A group of people stood by the highway, just as one would leave Bonners Ferry, holding Trump and Vance signs and also signing "vote no on PROP ONE." I'm voting yes on this, mainly to get rid of closed primaries. But the odds of Prop One passing are narrow.

Since I'm in politics, I hope it's peaceful, regardless of the outcome. Confession time: I'm worried about the Trump Cult. If he wins, will he attack those who aren't one of his followers? If he loses, will he still cause such an uproar? It will be more or less like a coup.




Today's art theme from Wiki Art was merchants, a well-known subject of art. According to Wiki Art, nine artworks are titled " money ex-changer," but I bet there are more.

I also look at money exchanges as political.

ALBRECHT DURER did this piece, and here is his WORK.

I would like to try to create my version of a well-known painting or scene, like a starry night. I have some others in mind.

2 comments:

  1. Albrecht Durer did this work of art, not I am assuming because of his political beliefs. Rather because he was morally offended by the profit-making of merchants and money changers. Nothing much changes for poor families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trading cards are very nice. I hope Trump loses and quietly shuffles away and is never heard from again.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, October 19, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I got another page of artist trading cards—nine of them. They came from Idaho and Washington, and two are unknown to me. I went to art...