Monday, May 06, 2024

Today Is Monday, May 6, 2024: This Is What Happened.

 

I went to see my therapist, and the main thing we talked about was disappointment. And we sort of chit-chat about this and that.  

One thing we talked about is a different community. I told her about this book I had recently heard about. Book by A.J Jacob and his book, THE YEAR OF LIVING CONSTITIONALLY. As we talked about how different areas are. Here, when we go through a store. People smile and say “hello” to each other. If someone holds the door, one says, “Thank You.”  

A.J. even carried a musket in New York City. He told the interviewer about taking a musket in a store, but people let him go through the checkout line ahead of them. I would say every time I’m in a store, I see someone with a firearm. It’s a completely different attitude.

I went to Safeway and got a few things. Plus, I had to go to customer service. The cash register didn’t take off my discounts. Every little bit helps.    

Talk to my insurance company about adding a car to our policy.  

I went to the local library and returned “A Man Called Ove” by Fredrik Backman. Ove is a Cranky Old Man but lovable. I rarely give a book five stars, but I gave this one five stars.  

I hoped to check out David Grann’s Killer Of The Flower Moon. It was checked out and should be back in the next few days. I got “The Bobbsy Twins of Lake Port, by LAURA LEE HOPE. The book was published the same year my dad was born, 1904.  

Rain off on most of the day.  

17 comments:

  1. ...I have never seen anyone carrying a gun in a store here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I see someone with a gun in the store. I wonder if their stable mentally or not.

      Delete
  2. We live in very different places, I don’t see people carrying guns here. I’m sure a few folks have concealed weapons, but I wouldn’t know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he took his gun into a coffee shop, in New York City...https://www.wsgw.com/a-j-jacobs-on-the-year-of-living-constitutionally/

      Delete
  3. That book, Killer of the Flower Moon, shocked me. Rattled my very bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We as American didn't treat the natives here all that well.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you've been getting some good books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got out and have some books to get into. Aloha honey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen regular people carrying guns, just police sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot imagine seeing someone carrying a gun.whilst grocery shopping. It would make shopping a scary experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have open carry here, so I've never seen people with guns. That would be very disturbing. I saw that author on Sunday morning, he is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked 'A man called Ove', too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness! I cannot imagine seeing someone carrying a gun while out doing my shopping.

    Enjoy your books.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 18, 2024: This Is What Happened.

 Thought I would blog before now. My emotions are all over the place. Having trouble sorting them out. I found out my friend had died, which...