Saturday, August 06, 2022

Today Is Saturday August 6 2022, This Is What Happen

 



I believe it almost a week since I post. We all need a break from social media. But I should admit I miss all of you.


Had our first read in Thursday evening on lawn area at our library. These are the book that was read or got listed...


  1. Remarkable Diaries...Professor Kate Williams

  2. Charlotte's Web..E.B White

  3. The 1619 Projects...Nikole Hannah Jones

  4. Selected Reading in Criminal...Philip L Reichel

  5. To Kill a Mockingbird...Harper Lee

  6. Finding The Light, My Journey of Healing After The Holocaust...Mary Berges

  7. Summer Session, Merry Jones

  8. Same Sex Affairs: Constructing and Controlling Homosexuality In The Pacific Northwest...Peter Boag

  9. Keep It Together Keiko Carter...Debi Michiko Florence

  10. Paradise...Toni Morrison

  11. Rose Daughter...Robin McKinley

  12. Beloved...Toni Morrison

  13. Handmaiden's Tale...Margaret Atwood

  14. Song of Solomon...Toni Morrison

  15. Born On The Water...Nikole Hannah & Renee Watson

  16. Nineteen Minutes...Jodi Picoult

Haven't found the other paper in our community, Herald e-mail address. But 9B news did an ARTICLE and also 9B news has a FACEBOOK PAGE page and I find some of comment quite colorful. If it all works out. I plan to host anther “Read In” the 20th of August when our local Farmer Market going on. But I hope someone else host a couple before the 20th. Editor Note....9B News redid the layout in article. They had photo post with out permission and also past comments were remove.



Been doing my walk and exercise. No eating after six thirty evening. But I have been struggle getting enough water in me since the start of month. Let look how long I might live for, One of my gene marker said I have SHORT LIFE SPAN I wonder what they consider a short life span. Most in my family lives well over 85 years.



Slowly been getting the back bed room organize and also my fabric stash.


Today artist RAFFI LAVIE who is from ISRAEL...PALESTINE


Coffee is on and stay safe

13 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Some interesting reading there - couple of real classics, too. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the news article. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the readers picked banned books or books the banners would find objectionable. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because I’m trying to fit in lots of hobbies I find it hard to find time to spend with a book these days. So I now have audible so I can listen a book being read while I crochet, knit, paint or just cooking and cleaning. The only time I turn it off is to vacuum
    So I’m back again to reading but doing so much more as well.
    It’s eve. Great to listen to while gardening

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the Read-In was such a big success and that you will host another! Good for you! I've only read 2 books on the list -- Charlotte's Web and To Kill A Mockingbird -- read both as a kid. It's hard to believe they would ever have been banned, but they were which shows how stupid censorship is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty good list of books there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favourite stories. I still have the small paperback copy my daughter had at school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Handmaidens Tale is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, have "Charlotte's Web" right here, a pressie for my Niece when her English is advanced enough to read it - I might pick it up again :-)
    Add fun stuff to your water? Fresh mint, melon....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two on the list for me (both books & movies). Glad to read it was a success

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is the artist from Israel or is the artist from Palestine? They are not the same. I looked it up, and he’s from Tel Aviv. Never, ever tell someone born in Tel Aviv that he is from Palestine. He is Israeli.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Tuesday, April 30, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Last day of the month. Since it was the last day. I try to get the photo looking west from my driveway. It has been cloudy most of the da...