Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Today Is Tuesday October 27 2020, This What Happen

 


Let get on with my Samhain altar, My mom was a Virgo and her card is the hermit. Which totally surprised me. Both of my parents actual seem more social then me. But I know covid has put an damper on socializing. Then on the other hand when I was growing up there were more cocktail parties and such. Maybe it was a time of liquid encouragement.

Question time...what motives you? I know at this time I know for my mental health and during covid. I need something to occupy my time with and be safe. So every day I will work on one my creative project, even if it 5 minutes. Confession time...Before the covid I could very well procrastinate as anyone else. But my mother didn't seem to be a procrastinator.


Took two positive words that goes with hermit, which I will be using is “Contemplation” and Self Reflection”

The word “Contemplation” I need to look up. Yes to observe and yes my mother always made an effort to look at both sides or even multi side of any issue or situation that my come her away. I notice or it seems like her family has trouble looking at complete picture of anything. So I guess she odd ball out. Pretty much it seams her side puts things in certain category.

Self Reflection I like to use the quote “A sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different results” If a person don't look at them self and reviewing how things are going in there daily life. Maybe a change might be necessary. My mom was willing at any age look and take sureness for change when needed. Opinion time...If one into self reflection way to much and don't step back one could miss the world around them.

Like all cards there the negative part, and hermit card has it other side to it. The two words I am using is rejection and recluse.

I don't see my mother ever being a recluse, if she would have been I think she would of kept her self occupied. She was always doing even when my dad pass on and I left home.

I don't know about any type of rejection in her life. I am sure they were some. There time the word “No” and rejecting something is for our and others own good.


The color of candle to go with the hermit is green. My mom favor color. Our kitchen was mint green. I haven't seen much negative with green candle. I like to look at more of prosperity and I necessary don't look at prosperity as money. To move forward with best intentions. I never heard my mom wish anyone ill. If she had issue with anther person, she let them go on with there life. Although not snubbing them.

Rejuvenate is connected with green. Doesn't it feel good when lawn is freshly mowed and your rubbing your toes in it. Every so often we all need to charge our batteries and it sad our sociability haven't figure this out. Northern European countries figured this out. All there citizen get a vacation, paid.

But other countries may or not look at green differently. For western country it has wide vary of meaning and I won't be covering them all. Green is color envy, that monster of jealousy. We put green with luck of Irish, the country is also known as Emerald Isle. And freshness.

Green is forbidden in Indonesia, at one time. Reason unknown. Mexico is there color for Independence. At one green was traditionally color for Islam, for middle east.

Although in China was a no no for men, meaning their wife have community adultery. But also I wonder if it also signal other that the man had no control of his wife. More or less of embarrassment to community.


Half work day. I need to come home and catch up on some personal paper work. Hubby went store and got some meat, and we repackage it in smaller serving size.

Thank you for your concern about Covid and I know the United States number is rising. My state of Idaho for positive rate is slightly over 24%, and my county is at I believe is 92%. So out of 100 people who been tested here, only 6 is coming back negative.

I wear a mask 4 to 8 hours a day at work. But with my client it pretty easy to social distance. They can take care of there physical needs.

Although when I go into a store I take off my cloth mask and put on N95 for extra protection, I would rather just do the cloth mask, but when see people out and about with a mask of any sort. Still believes it hoax. I need to protect my fellow human, regardless of my opinion of them. And my self.

So once a week I go have coffee with my friend Qunella, and as our numbers are going up. I'm thinking tomorrow will be my last day. We have our coffee at Under the Sun in the loft. But at counter there no protection between the customers and servers.

I try not to do business that don't have Plexiglas up to protect both workers and costumers.

Once I get home I take off my mask, and become a hermit.


14 comments:

  1. I really do wish more people would be sensible and wear a mask, but they won't believe it isn't a hoax until they or a family member gets ill from it. Then it will be too late as they are all exposed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are always things to learn so I keep busy doing that I am so glad we can always go online to look things up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting read!!!! I don't get the not wearing of mask either....i never will. But karma always comes around.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Green is forbidden in Indonesia, at one time. Reason unknown. Mexico is there color for Independence. At one green was traditionally color for Islam, for middle east.

    Although in China was a no no for men, meaning their wife have community adultery. But also I wonder if it also signal other that the man had no control of his wife. More or less of embarrassment to community."

    Where did you get this information from? BTW, did you know that Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world (definitely in population and probably in terms of land mass too).

    Re China and green: this only pertains to green hats for men... ;)

    https://www.italki.com/article/92/the-dark-meaning-of-5-chinese-terms?hl=en

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:19 PM

    I was discussing the COVID situation in the US with a friend this morning and we decided it has almost become a fact that Biden supporters wear masks and Trump supporters don't wear masks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This country is insane with the total disregard for science and doctors recommendations. People need to look to Maine for advice! They put proper procedures in place well before anyone else and have maintained those procedures....and wear masks consistently.....and their COVID rates is among the lowest in the nation....this whole pandemic!!!

    Good question about what motivates us....that is the key to success.....I’m seriously thinking now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:36 PM

      From afar MaryFran, that is interesting and not something I knew about.

      Delete
  7. I also remember the cocktail parties of the fifties. Not the happiest of memories--I'd get disgusted at the way people acted and then my parents would get mad at me for being judgmental. It kind of turned me off alcohol for good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    A recent government poll here found that 3% of Scots are not adhering to regulations - including mask wearing. That's enough for COVID to remain rampant. So our restrictions are getting more severe and more accountable. No matter what any government does or doesn't do, this thing is apolitical and requires all individuals to take responsibility - so thank you Dora for being conscientious! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know that about green, we like green things! A report on the news today from our state health agency said Covid is surging in our area and they don't know why. Really? No masks and no social distancing, duh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw on the news that even with a vaccine it's going to take some time to get that into full swing so masks will still be important but it'll be 2022 before we get back to normal. - As for the color green. I've always associated it with abundance and prosperity which is why if you have cancer or another serious illness you should stay away from the color green. You don't want your illness to multiply...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Green to me is a happy color. We´ve got two walls and our "chamber in bright green.
    Covid: Listen to scientists. Here they panic yet again...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hobby is writing and taking photos and this is Coronavirus "friendly" otherwise I meet with friends we are mostly 5 and scrabble and once we go for lunch. Unfortunately Belgium has become deep red and probably we will have a complete lockdown in a short time, unless a miracle happens !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I rather like the Hermit card.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...