Friday, May 29, 2020

Today Is Friday May 29 2020, This Is What Happen

Just finished up brief little bit of genealogy. Now I wish listen to family stories. I was once told by my parents, not sure which one of my parents told me about it.
But my dad grew up in Southwest corner of Michigan. There were this couple and when they went to bed. She would stick big butch knife under her pillow. And say to her husband..."This is your night" and they went to sleep, and it been told if she didn't put the knife under the pillow. He would worried.
Both of my parternal grandparents were married and divorce. Brought in children from there first spouse.
So my Step Grandfather Rolfe Wells got divorce from his wife Daisy Furman, and reason for divorce was cruelity. This happen in early 1900. Wonder what was consider cruel back then.
I sort questioning if this was same Daisy my dad was scared of.

I am tired not as tired as yesterday. Not sure what I will be doing over the weekend. If I could have same social security income as my husband at 62 I wouldn't hesitate at all. But that not happening.

Not sure what will be doing this weekend. I know I need to get my car clean out, again.

Last night also I was tired and I was trying to learn about HOLOGRAPHIC. Over on You Tube I watch a few holographic of Holocaust survivors. The interaction with hologram was quite interesting.
But I look for holgram stories of other times in our past, Baby Boomer, Great Depression and other times in past. I found stories but nothing in hologram.
Opinion time...It should be required in future every high school should read, listen or watch some non famous person, and do class assignment of some sort.
This would be a good way to learn about the human spirit.

I am still looking for people to ask me question for possible up coming video or blog post. So ask away.
I did get package, depending on the weather I might do unboxing this weekend.

Coffee is on
  

8 comments:

  1. A butcher knife under the pillow? You had some scary ancestors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be divorced back in your grandparents’ day was so unusual...I also have to wonder what they meant by cruelty back then ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary about that knife under the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we find some things we wish we wouldn't have in the family tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of schools have students interview relatives for various assignments. It's interesting what one can learn from one's family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. History is amazing....even if it’s a bit scary with knives under pillows!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "It should be required in future every high school should read, listen or watch some non famous person, and do class assignment of some sort."

    Agreed! BTW, if they get to college, they could do so by taking cultural anthropology courses! (I double majored in anthropology and art history as an undergrad.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's a lovely idea. There are heroes everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, March 27, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  We got the plugs fixed in the pick-up, which cost us $261.09. The last time we did a set of plugs, it was under $80.00. But I'm glad i...