Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Wednesday Number Twenty Four

Before I even looked at words for WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY. Decided to use the first set and last two of the second set.
hair, dissolve, concertina, candlestick, ribbons, causeway, discarded, and chocolate.

It was a horrible thought I believe most of us was having about Aunt Bertha. She was the odd one in the family. No one could top Aunt Bertha.
One family gathering at the park down by Eastson avenue. She brought her concertina or truthful know one knew how she got it.
She was always digging though dumpsters, thrift stores, and tag sale.
Yes, her hobby was to look for the most odds stuff. Simple reason she was top notch odd.
But it seem no one every complain about her weirdness.
Aunt Bertha had plenty of money. No one knew who was in her will. So they tolerated and was nice to her face and would dare say anything behind her back. They didn't want anything getting back as they might been tossed out of her will.
So once again it was summer time picnic although at different park. The causeway was being repaired at the Eastson park. So this time the picnic was being held at Westson park.
Jane and June was to decorated the tables and such. They found some candlesticks stuck and old boxes up in spare room. They were actual about to take it to local thrift store and lucky for them one stores was having a clearance sale. They got a mighty deal on ribbons which could be tight on to the candlesticks.
But it looks like some weeds around the playground needed to be dissolved for simple reason it could harvest some nasty spiders and such.
There been increase in spiders bites and local news been warn people to stay out of the tall grasses.
No one knows were time goes and family picnic soon came and gone.
Aunt Bertha had been a lot more weird in past. But since she got her self a boy friend and surprise the entire family.
She been spinster all of her life.
Know one could believe there eyes she found someone at seventy three. And this guy made chocolate and mighty fine one. He had his own chocolate business.
His chocolate was so good and none of them were discarded in the trash. Everyone was eaten.
Other then a few gust of wind out west and messing up some hair do's but real who at picnic comes in there Sundays best.
Parks are to have laughter and fun.

Editor note...This is a fictional story.

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY



9 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful story Dora. Thank you for joining in again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Aunt Bertha. Living her life her own way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every family needs an Aunt Bertha to keep them from getting boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all families have an odd one in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An odd aunt with a concertina and picnics in the park :) I liked your story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again...another beautiful story!

    Thank you for sharing...I always enjoy your posts.

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had a few Aunt Bertha's in my family, much beloved and sadly missed!

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kinda want to meet Aunt Bertha. (I'm afraid I am the Aunt Bertha in my family.)

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...