Wednesday, September 07, 2011

At This Rate Either Side Will Come Out On Top

On Saturday the 27th of August we went up to Roman Nose the way of snow creek. I found quite a few wrongs in the woods.
Some left a can in caribou creek.

But at first look into the Forrest everything my look just fine. But there plenty of wrongs in our Forrest mostly do to with policies.
One time our local community ran on timber dollar. Yes, the timber industry was king which would consist of logging and the sawmills.
At times clear cutting an area is actual necessary. Still they need regulation on forest management. Opinion Time... Out of section of timber no more then 5% should be total cleared. If there is a need to clear cut more anther 5% in a section it should be brought to the community of that county where national forest land is located. I know national forest is own by the entire country and there voices need to be heard also.
No more then 10% can be clear cut in a section and this can only happen once every seven years.
I would also add no land swap between the national forest and timber company for 25 years.
You see the national forest and timber industry swaps lands. So once it private land timber corporation has less regulation and can do more damage. “You know private rights”
But to me it is wrong to only selected the strongest species and best genetics. Then leave the weakest species and genetically defected. Now our Forrest is full of disease and deform trees that are dieing off.
Statement time...the timber company took the best and drove off with money in there pocket and now our little town is struggling.
But on the other hand the environmental don't want a tree to be cut. This is wrong. Simple because trees are a crop like any other crop which needs to be harvest.
Letting things go isn't good stewardship either. Not having proper lumber harvest can cause on healthy trees for future generation.
What you exactly end up having is bunch of tooth-picks for trees and the trees don't make proper growth for things like plywood.
Sure one can make press board but the stuff the use is toxic chemical for everyone.
Statement time..So saving every little tree is doing the same as lumber company did.
So both our wrong
Opinion time...Our woods need to have a major thinning. I would take 25% of every thing under 4 inches in diameter on every other section of Forrest land.
Then on the other section I would take out 15% between 6 and 8 inch in diameter.

Editor Note...I was going to post “wrong” with photo hunt but for some reason I couldn't get on line.
Actual no one won or winning with managing our national forest. Truth be known there both side our digging them self in a ditch.

1 comment:

  1. Cutting down too many trees are going to create global warming. I love them for the greenery.

    Thanks for coffee. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...