Saturday, November 13, 2010

photo hunt (itchy)

I often wonder how http://tnchick.com/ every come up with each weeks hunt. This week theme is itchy First thing came to my mind was itchy wool sweater.


But putting a little more thought into. I came up with a spruce tree. They're sure itchy and scratchy. Once again, picture was taken as I was walking Rex at ball park - doggie park. “No I don't live there” it sure seems like a lot of my picture for the hunt been taken at park.

I had to look on the internet on how many types of Spruce they're. Well I found out there 7 different types of spruce and I thought there would be more. As my hubby works with tree and he thought there would be 400 of them.

I told him the number what I found out in my research. He could see why so few because they live in colder environment.



I know some birds and different animals like to build nest in there to raise there young's. It thick and dark and hard for others to get to them. Plus it sticky and itchy also.



I don't recall doing this or not. I know people who uses spruce for there Christmas tree mostly if their children tend to be on wild side or un tame little varmints.

A few pokes with the needles they have second thoughts of touching the tree. But one would have to wear gloves to trim the tree.

3 comments:

  1. I think folks around here have that kind of tree for their Christmas tree. Some people have a cedar, which is sticky and makes itchy places.
    It is good that these trees protect little baby birds!
    Happy Weekend!
    ~ Napoleon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on itchy.

    Have a great weekend.

    Liz @ MLC

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous 'itchy'!! I love Blue Spruce trees...the fragrance and the softness of the needles compared to other pine trees. When we lived in Colorado those trees are protected...you can't dig 'em out from the forest ---only since it's the state's tree. They are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Tuesday, April 30, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Last day of the month. Since it was the last day. I try to get the photo looking west from my driveway. It has been cloudy most of the da...