Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bumps In One Life

Sense I tried to reopen my ceramic business it seem to be one thing after anther.

First my pour table is down and we had to tear out the pump motor and had to find anther one. My Son Sawyer got one for free. I can’t complain about that plus that’s great price “free”
But here the kicker

The bracket to the pump motor doesn’t fit.
Sawyer said he could make me anther one but he been busy fighting forest fires. He will have a couple days off starting tomorrow but I Feeling time…guilty asking him Because he worked 14 days straight and he usual puts in a 10 hours more a day.
Plus I know he needs to get things line up for college, which start the 27th of this month.

So Sunday I decide to try to fire some greenware and my small kiln. On greenware it takes about 4 to 8 hours as your turning the kiln to high and it went well pass that.
Because I forgot to

Close the vent once I turn on the kiln to high.
So I will need to refire the greenware which was to be fired in the small kiln and I’m sort of eating the cost of firing the greenware.
What I’ll do is put this misfired greenware in the larger kiln and refire it with some more greenware.
So it comes right down to the space that I have to refire the boo boo greenware and I could of fired new greenware in that space.



Earlier today I put my name in for this t-shirt that is part of rocks in my dryer. Sharon is giving away a Be Kind Wear just follow the link that I posted and follow the direction. “Just remember Kindness is Contagious.”

1 comment:

  1. Hey Peppy!! Hope you can get everything put back together quickly and be on to your ceramics. Best of luck to your son in the coming school year.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...