Sunday, July 22, 2007

Smith Creek Travel



Yesterday Murphy and I went for a drive up North and then head up the Smith Creek area. This is one of our favor places to visit in North Idaho.
For some reason Union creek falls and the way the water come over the rocks it reminds me someone left the hose on.
It look like mother nature made a wishing well that you want to toss your pennies and make a wish up all most to top of mountain.
Smith Creek for some reason always intrigue Murphy and really don’t know why at all. But the smith creek canyon that is down stream and the way it flows over the granite is breath taking.
Lake Mountain, host two lakes that are Smith and Cutoff. We never been to Smith Lake but years ago Murphy and I hiked into Cutoff Lake it took about seven hours to get in and the fishing was great.
Cow Creek up in the Selkirk is one of my favorite creek and the falls going over the rocks. I love the pressure of creek rubbing on the rocks and forming new and interesting forms.
There was a major windstorm and lot of trees was down and I couldn’t get into Cow Creek to visit more falls.
Right now Sawyer when he not on the fire he been cut debris.
Murphy and I stop for a moment in some large cedar grove cedar trees. Murphy was leaning against the pick up and rubbing so it would make sounds so he could make me think there was bear near by.
Well it didn’t work but I wish I said, “No I don’t hear a bear but I see one”
On the way off the mountain we stop and looked out over the valley. The river you are looking at is Kootenia River that starts in Canada and ends back up there.
The mountain to the left is Goat Mountain, which is mainly in British Columbia and Hall Mountain, which is to the right, is Idaho.
So getting out did my spirit some good. Plus we came home with a few rocks but no huckleberries.

1 comment:

  1. I so love going to explore such places like Smith Creek....I really enjoyed seeing the photos! We have a creek just behind here...there's a little trail leading to it that I love taking a walk on and once I'm at the creek I enjoy just sitting there watching the water go over the rocks and such. Glad you had a nice day out:-) xox

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...