Friday, July 27, 2007

Cleaning Greenware


Everyone needs to break a least one piece of greenware so they will know what kind
of pressure they can apply .
honest time.. I handle my greenware ruff because greenware fresh out the mold is more fragile
“Don’t shed tears over this piece it was a miscast and wouldn’t fire out right.”



These are some of tools one may use to clean greenware. Top to buttom
A basic cleaning tool, a spooly, a scratch pad, a sander pad, a sponge, and water container.

First thing is to remove the seam from the greenware with the cleaning tool.



Spooly is not use every time you clean greenware it is use where a mold seam is that where one real can’t get there cleaning tool in.
Such place like behind ears, lid tops, inside of mug handles and etc



I use a green or teal color dish scratch pad to round off the seam line on the greenware. This is done by going across mainly where the seams are



Next is to take a sander which comes in different grains like sandpaper and with this you make small circle motions and get rid of the marks that the scratch pad leaves.
Honest time…I’m not sure how well I like this type of sanders because I’m not sure if these are washable and I know the rubber back ones are and if these aren’t they are going to be expensive to use.
If your wondering why I didn’t get the rubber backed sanders because the place I order from was out.
But who know I’ll how well these will actual work in long run.



This is the last step in cleaning greenware. Is that you take a sponge and I prefer a real sponge or a silk one.
Is you dip is in your water container and squeeze out any excess water and start to wipe the entire piece down.
This will get rid of any dust and wipe way and blunders that one may not of got


But one last thing is clean your mess and put things away



I sure got wrap up with dog days of summer give away. There was 506 bloggers giving things away and I couldn’t tell you how many I actual went to but a lot of them.
If anyone wanting to know information on who won any thing. Sharron made this link
I’ll be drawing my name at three this afternoon
Confession time…I didn’t get a lot done around the home because I spent way to much time partying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Monday, May 6, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I went to see my therapist, and the main thing we talked about was disappointment. And we sort of chit-chat about this and that.   One t...