Saturday, May 19, 2007

6th Entry For Photo Hunt


COOKING/COOKED

Theme: COOKING/COOKED/ Become a Photo Hunter/ View Blogroll



I wish I had more time to be at home and make some homemade meals. Confession time…I miss staying at home and making goodies and since I went to work I tend to buy more convenient foods.
But part of the problem is that I lack the strength of character to change my daily habits. Yes I know there slowly coming around.
There also seems now to be so many converses on what to eat and how. When I grew up for dinner there was meat of some type, a vegetable, and most of the time potatoes. If anyone used the term “yuk” at the dinner table it meant no desert and if it was to nasty of a “yuk” your evening came to close early.
Most of the time my mom made the great homemade desert.
Most of the time breakfast was pretty simple around when I was growing up it was a bowl of cereal and fruit. My dad wasn’t a breakfast eater.
I once remember my mom went somewhere and left my dad in charge of the home. She wrote out instructions on how to cook a beef roast and he decided to do it his way.
He want to brown the roast and he turn up the oven and sat down and read the news paper and forgot it and till smoke came rolling out the oven.
Plus he didn’t watch me and I got into things and when my mom got home she was bent out of shape and chew out my dad.
So from then on my dad cooking was basically cornflakes and milk

7 comments:

  1. Well cooking is not one of the things that I like to do...In fact, I do not like it at all. I have HAD to cook for the past 43 years because I had a husband first then 3 children that demanded to be fed and to live!! I never killed them and the kids are all grown...I still have to cook!! Darn it!! Your picture is still close to cooking..someone had to get it that way!! I love southern cooking..but OH fattening...Sandy
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes my wife likes healthy choices..
    like the title almost perfect world

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cereal and bananas and milk! I can eat that at any time of the day. In fact I had cereal and milk for breakfast AND lunch today!

    Your growing-up menus sound just like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    and thank you for your comment.. someone said it's a nasty type of poison toad.. so al not kiss it just in case..
    Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poor dad! lol Some men just aren't meant to cook! hehe Growing up, my mom always made meat, veggies and potatoes every night also and always had dessert. I do a lot of cooking but I'm trying to cut out a lot of the fried foods and don't bake dessert every day like I use to. I love cereal, especially with fresh fruit added to it:-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting!
    You can't cook everything... That looks fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cereal and bananas looks real good to me, guess I should have breakfast soon. I'm not a cook either, don't enjoy doing it but if I have someone to cook for and eat with it's better than doing it just for me. I resently bought a nice wok, second hand for $6. I love it and am making lots of stir fries. I actually don't mind making them, they're fast and easy to do, and they taste great... on top of being very healthy. I think eating this way will help me to loose weight too.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Monday, April 29, 2024 This Is What Happened.

  It's almost the end of April. Soon, there will be May Flowers. I went for a walk this morning up to the 5th power pole. On May 1, I w...