Thursday, June 08, 2006

My Friend Alice Might be Getting a House From Habitat


My friend Alice present home


I’m thrilled that habitat for humanity is considering my friend Alice for a habitat house. She deserves one.
Every since I knew her she worked super hard and put up with her worthless hubby Mariam. He hardly worked and the little he did work he mainly spent it on pot. She finley got smart and threw his ass out. Well I don’t like bad mouthing people actual. As a person Mariam is quite witty and personable. In my opinion...Mariam didn’t treat his family right
When I first lived meet Alice and Mariam they lived up on Camp Nine in a falling down cabin, no glass in the window, a propane cook stove and a wood stove. No running water or drains out of the house had to let the gray water drain in a bucket and take it out by hand. For what she had she kept the place nice.
Then she and her hubby moved to town to rectangle home and rented and I don’t know why they had to move out of that. Alice always had pride her personal environment and pays her bills.
Well rental are super hard to find in the Bonners Ferry area. So right now she living in a small two bed room trailer. Her and daughter Denille who is going into 8th grade They share a bedroom. Plus she has a mentally handicap son Kyle who legal age is 17 and mental he is 10 to 12 year old. This house is inadequate also.


I’ve lived pretty ruff and know what it like to live with out running water or electricity. I never lived like my friend Alice


So this Tuesday some people from Habitat is going to see if her home is inadequate. Her home got some structure problems. So their a change that her two kids will come over Tuesday and stay here as habitat is to see her housing situation.
Her two youngest kids can be a handful they seem to like to butt into conversation. And every so often Kyle will have some colorful/rude remark.


Confession time...The only reason I got a home is because I inherited it I don’t see how we could afford a home on our wages. I took 5 homes in our local paper at random the average price is $216,857 here. Their a basically a bare 5 acres of land out in the Pleasant Valley which I live in and it for sale at $115,000. Listed with shelman realty

I don’t know how many homeless or people lives inadequate housing. But not all these people are lazy. My friend Alice is far from that.
To me it seem like their building new big houses. All what’s going up is well over 2,000 square feet and big price tag.


I found some interesting facts about the housing problems here in America Public housing and homeless

4 comments:

  1. I sure hope she qualifies. Habitat does great stuff.

    There's something for your friendship jar in the mail. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always happy when someone deserving gets a hand up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sons have worked with the Habitat for Humanity crew, up in Seattle and in Oregon. They learned a lot, had a lot of fun, and want to do it again.

    I hope your friend gets her house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things work out for your friend. I would love to have a real home instead of an apartment, but housing is to high in our area.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Tuesday, April 30, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Last day of the month. Since it was the last day. I try to get the photo looking west from my driveway. It has been cloudy most of the da...