Thursday, June 15, 2006

Keeping the Minium Wage the Same

Yesterday on N.P.R they was talk once again raising minium wage up. honest time...I didn’t catch the whole thing because I was getting ready for work


My friend Quenelle listen to N.P.R also. So I ask her what she heard about rising the minium wage up. As she understood it The republican want to some bill and the democrats want to tack on raising the minium wage up and it was vote down in committee.
Opinion time...My friend Quenelle thinks that the democrats ot to tack this on every bill that the republican introduce, well I wouldn’t go that far but I say over 98% bill they introduce the democrats ought tack on raise the minium wage


The minium wage hasn’t been increase since 1997. Dubya wasn’t in office then. opinion time...See how much he cares for people I was looking at some info on Consumer price index and you can see by this graph every things going up, $50 billion in tax cuts for people who make over a million dollars a year, raising the minimum wage for people who haven't seen a wage increase since 1997. and dubya wants to make his tax cut permeant.


I’ve always wonder about Dubya and his cronies. He talks about moral issues and family values statement time...What a bunch of Bullshit If they care about other then their self they would pass legislation to help people not to hinder them. I could listed more what would be benefit to all people other then raising minimum wage. I guess they want haves and haves not


Well some of our elective officials are trying to do something about raising the wages up


When we all go and purchase anything we can see major increase. Hubby and I make over minium wage but we sure aren’t rolling in the dough. Gas here is $2.99 the last time I went to town and minium wage is still at $5.15 an hour.


I just found this site called cost of living What cost you $20 in May of 1997 today it would cost you.$31.62. I put in my hourly wage of $7.90 I should be making $10.12.

2 comments:

  1. The cost of living site is interesting. I put in 200.00 which is what my ex and I paid for rent (which by the way included utilites)for a one bedroom apt.
    Now I would need 761.28 to buy what I did at that amount. That sounds about right and that amount seems to be an average apt here.
    I dread to see what things will cost in another 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to fill my gas tank up and it cost me 42 dollars. That hurts.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Tuesday, April 30, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Last day of the month. Since it was the last day. I try to get the photo looking west from my driveway. It has been cloudy most of the da...